Anybody a LED expert?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by plants2fresh, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Yeah Ive been using led's for a couple years. They work good for my needs.

2. [quote name='"jnewcs"']Yeah Ive been using led's for a couple years. They work good for my needs.[/quote]

Sweet, you a micro-grower as well?

3. No, I grow in a small tent. 36*20*68. Its a small grow but I wouldn't call it micro.

4. How many LED's you got in there? Also are they ordered off eBay or did you invest in decent ones?

5. I have 2 unknown 90w UFO's and a blackstar 240w.

6. [quote name='"jnewcs"']I have 2 unknown 90w UFO's and a blackstar 240w.[/quote]

Damn, I just wanna know how well these cheap ones do. I can't dump 300$ into led's if I was gonna spend money like that I'd go with HID and build a bigger box. How much did you pay for the 90w UFO?

7. I think I got them off craigslist for like $60/each.

8. [quote name='"jnewcs"']I think I got them off craigslist for like $60/each.[/quote]

I'd almost be willing to pay that. How much area does it cover and how far off the plants do you keep them?

9. I keep my lights about 15-18in from the tops of my plants. I don't know what the recommended area for these lights are. BUt I am running a lot of light for such a small area.

10. [quote name='"jnewcs"']I keep my lights about 15-18in from the tops of my plants. I don't know what the recommended area for these lights are. BUt I am running a lot of light for such a small area.[/quote]

How big is your area? Mine is 18x18 with 4 42w CFL's

11. [quote name='"jnewcs"']36x20x68[/quote]

That's what's up, Thanks for the info bro!

12. no prob man!