Anybody a fast car enthusiast?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by iDoIt4Yal, Oct 16, 2015.

1. What kind of car do you drive? What kind of modifications have you put?
    How much horsepower?
    What are your times? (0-60mph, 1/4 mile, etc)
    Any future mods?

I drive a Chrysler 300, its got a 5.7l hemi, RAM air intake, flow master cat back, about 350 horses, 0-60 in 5 seconds,

Post your ride, Honda Civic, Camaro SS, whatever, real car guys appreciate all builds.

2. I have a Chrysler as well, it's a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire, 0-60 in 6.5 seconds, 3.2 L V6 engine, 230 horses, weighs only 2,900 pounds

3. Recently acquired a 95 camaro, 3.4L V6 Pushing a mere 160HP. Storing it soon since the winter months are on the way. Hoping to drop a 350, with a supercharger, cold air, new tranny/shift kit, chip and a bunch of other shit. Since I am in the process of buying a house my goals seem beyond my financial capabilities at the moment. Might end up selling it and buy either an iroc, z28 or some type of corvette.

Considering I have almost gotten it impounded twice, I have been holding off on the mods until next year after I can do some research and really narrow down what I want. Sure is fun to drive though.

4. Bet it's a fast little ride, def love the look, great hp to weight ratio, my boat weighs 5k lbs so it really doesnt make the 350 hp all that much, would be a good race though

5. Dude Iroc's are definitely a beauty, they have more of the boxier look, of course you cant go wrong with a vette either! U think wide my man

6. To many choices out there, I have some time to think so next summer should be fun.

7. I used to be, but I kind of grew out of it. I've always been a truck person though. It's counter intuitive to my personality, however it kind of goes along with my occupation I guess. Last one I had was a 2006 Ram SRT-10. Short box, Tremac 6 speed, 505hp stock at the crank. I put in a Volant CAI, did a muffler & cat delete (left that little baffle / mini-muffler thing behind the stock muffler & got the straight pipes with the fake O2 sensors...Sounded sick). I took it to the track a couple of times and ran in the mid 12's. Not bad. Ran that truck up to about 50k miles then got sick of it and got rid of it. Haven't gotten anything fun since. I've been thinking about getting an older (99-01) Viper GTS if I can ever find one in decent shape for the right price. I'd have to pay cash for it though. I hate the new Vipers. Sure they're fast as fuck and everything, but the old ones......There's no safety nets there in terms of traction control or anything like that. You fuck around in one of those cars and they'll kill you. I kinda dig that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. i happened to come to a red light the other day next to an Alfa Romeo 4C. i didnt realize how small it atually is.it looks close in overall length of a Miata, but alot wider! the windshield frame is unpainted carbon fiber. so cool! and it speaks Italian!

9. #9 mercinariesgtr, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2015
    they are awesome, theres an alfa dealer near me and i see em sitting out front. I d love to have one but they re just a lil outside my budget. As i said to my dad, a 4c is about the closest thing to my boosted aw11 mr2 that is currently in production. Im a lil under 2500 lbs and 250 hp, rear engine rwd, on paper thats prettty much the same specs as a 4c.

10. if you have an mr2 you've already got the only sports car you could ever need, I prefer the sw20 though.

11. yah the sw20 is a lot bigger car though, it also had some real nasty handling characteristics in the earlier models. Apparently working on a sw20 is even crappier than the aw11. I have a saab 9-5 aero turbo on mine and she rips.

12. #12 invinciblejets, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2015
    I will own a aw11 at one point lol^^^^

I like fast cars tho my rx7 is slower than shit and on jack stands lol ...... going under the knife this winter tho..turbo 13b in the future.

may just end up a drift beater ..but still may end up selling it or trading for a better shell being that it's a vert and has some rust probably more that I will find....

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1447431107.408176.jpg

13. i've built the s52 i got a few months ago, and thinking i'll do a twin turbo setup - one small, and one large turbo. but i still don't have a chassis to put it in... just haven't found the right one yet. i want to put it in an e12 or e28 and have a killer sedan. but there aren't many of the classic five series available down here. quite a few three series, and theres a six series shell for sale but its kinda rusty (and the six series shells are more difficult to do rust repair on).

• Like Like x 1
  14. I also roll with a 300c( not sure what country you are in(I am in USA) here in US the 300c is the 300 Hemi seda, in the UK the 300c is what we call in the US the Dodge Magnum wagon). and yes it is what I would call a muscle sedan but you need to check your watch. There is ZERO way you are running 0-60 in 5 seconds in a near stock hemi 300.

That aside I am no stranger to fast(make that very fast) cars. I built a tough 78' Datsun 280z with a built 350 Chevy V8. Last project was my Lexus SC300. The straight 6 2jz had a bad rod so in went an old school 400ci small block Chevy with a new school T-56 6 speed transmission. I have been gathering parts for another SC300 V8 Chevy swap. I have a 5.3L LSx truck engine in storage and a new cam and heads in the closest. Need to pick up a turbo and decide on what transmission I am going to run and then find another body to drop it all in to. Looking for 600hp out of this set up.

15. I'm all about 80s-90s sports cars! Here's my current Moonlight Blue 1997 Saleen #014B, paint isn't as pretty up close but it's a nice extremely rare car.

It's one of only 128 ever made, one of 11 in blue, it was originaly sold by "Budget" rental company. so these are the ONLY saleens with a letter in the number.

These are originally slow as hell with only 215 hp.
    mine has the original 4.6, boosted with a Vortech V2 Supercharger running around 10 lbs of boost at 400hp. The car is capable of 600 just by upping boost. has built up block with forged internals, bbk headers, fender mounted cold air intake, full exaust, 42lb greentop injectors, hks blowoff valve, brake booster, car has been lowered alot too, it's almost slammed. Very fun car.
    It's an Automatic and will get sideways at 50mph. it's faster than the 2015 GTs!!!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. I've had a few corvettes and liked them all. There are cars that are faster but corvettes give the best bang for the buck.

17. Why does it have 2 different style rims

18. Just put those on when i would go out an drift to save the tires I had on the bbs rims for daily duties.

The car doesn't drift or daily anymore tho lol.

19. I like the rims

20. I drive a kia suv... no my 1st choice haha.

I was driving a 08 civic si with hondata and full exhaust (I h e), springs and even shorter shifter.

What's sad is my mom drives 2 badass cars. 2016 Camaro SS and 2016 corvette stingray, both black on black.
    I doubt she will ever mod them, but I've read that the stingray produces 'engine' noise in the door speakers to influence the overall sound of the corvette, i think that's lame.