Any writers?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by HighlyHumble, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Does anyone here have a career in writing  professionally? Anything from a column to a novel?
    I'm sort of interested in writing and I'm in love with the idea of being able to articulate thoughts in such a poetic way.
    I'm just wondering how you got started, and how you knew you had the gift.

I'd like to think that I can one day aspire to be a wise man spouting truth left and right.
    The thought of writing a book intrigues me.
    And obviously, using language in a sophisticated and intelligent way has the potential to make girls wet.
    Heh

2. #2 ExcretingCretin, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
    1. Watch x files.
    2. Get boner for scully.
    3. Get boner for mulder...
    4. Drink boner away.
    5. Listen to field reports.
    6. Emulate.

All jokes aside, i had a nice reply about target audience and how it also relates to women. But fuck android.

Ik a few writers who are anything but philosophers,

One day is not good. Today is good. Fuck i have an ex who wrote a book on my stupid ass, and guess what? it sells. Why? Because she romanticised the idea of me. Not what i really am. Obviously she was full of shit.
    Sent from my LG-E980 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I'd jump at the chance to woo scully with my vocabulary. 
    MmmmMmm 
    That's funny that you mention mulder, since his performance reminded me of my love for writing which inspired this post.
    If I was gay... yup

4. #4 ExcretingCretin, Sep 29, 2014
    He did a nice californication tv show where he was a writer also.
    But for damn sure thats why he was casted. His fucking perfect hairline. And his bullshit egotistical 80s alpha male complex.

Along with the huge emphasis on his inteligence. Makes me wonder somtimes.

5. #5 HighlyHumble, Sep 29, 2014

I concur. 
    And thanks for the word "stint"
    Never seen that word before, but I like it.

6. No problem i just like to think about his personal persona alot. What makes people define an opinion of.someone else.etc.

7. Im writing a book on economically easy cannabis growing. I have a list of the chapters and have been filling them in in a mix match random order right now. LOL

It will be like no other grow book, it will be written like it was narrated by Ozzy Ozbourne. Lots of strait talk with some swearing.

Lots of funny quips.

8. #8 ExcretingCretin, Sep 29, 2014
    Also you really should just try it, and even if it isnt that great youll do better. No knowing till you have. My ex just did that to vent. Then people liked it so she wrote more.

Although she is very introspective. Which could be it also. Everyone has feelings right?

9. That's great. I don't know much about Ozzy as a person, but from what i've seen, his pretty incoherent. 
    I'd like to have a list of those chapters, assuming that's within the etiquette guidelines of a writer

10. You should make a pop up of ozzy in which when you open, he bites the bird. Id buy that book. Regardless id buy that book!

11. I'd love to try, but I feel as though my vocabulary is inadequate. I'm not sure I could articulate my thought on to a sheet of paper where people could understand what I'm trying to say.

I'd like to write about the transition from childhood to adulthood. 

12. #12 ExcretingCretin, Sep 29, 2014
    For.that topic idk if an extensive vocabulary would be benificial. You could do what eminem did, read the dictionary. People.are.inadequate anyways so you have nothing to worry about...

But hey youre writting a book not having a conversation. Revision is gonna be a staple of it, editors also remember if you get good.

Just read some judy bloom or.somthing for some ideas, its been a few years but if i recall correctly... she wasnt very hard to grasp. And i mean that in the sense that she simplified for comprehension which should be the point.

13. I write poems, stories, verses and songs, but I suck but I have an inflated sense of talent

14. Contrary to the topic I'm aiming for, I don't want it to be for kids. I tend to use a lot of profanity when I write, so a childrens book isn't something i'm striving for. More towards the early to late 20s, upwards of 30s, but something all adults can relate to, and maybe walk away with an idea of what to teach their children. 
    Then again I'm just spit balling ideas of a book. When I get down to writing something, I'm sure I'll stray away from that topic

My biggest fear is rambling
    Don't we all. haha

15. #15 ExcretingCretin, Sep 29, 2014
    If you do it on somthing youre passionate about, then youre probably more likely to be better at writting that simply because you know it. Even some of the most renowned authors were very straightfoward at points. Words are just a way of conveying an idea. Im pretty confident you could express yourself so think bout what you say, not so much how you say it. It is important tho dont get me wrong.

And almost truthfully there is no such thing as rambling. Theres usually a connection, alot of stories have some extra stuff you dont need. But certain people like it. Target audience and stuff. People wanna know why theyre acting the way they do as an adult so that may be benificial here.

16. Hey, what a coincidence.

My ex is an English major and recently published a book revolving around her previous relationship to me, and how "horrible" of a person I am.

Women good. Men bad.

Sent from my Ballsack using Tapatalk

17. But isnt it true?
    Naw jk, i really hope she did use a pen name for you... u know, not getting you slapped by her friends or anything...

If so, in my brofesional opinion, i suggest you bang her. Angry sex pent up enough to write a book about, surly will guarentee another book, this time about how awesome it was.

18. Why would you want to be poor? :cool:

19. I already am poor haha.
    but if I'm doing what I love, I don't care what kind of money I'm making.
    Also, If I were to become a writer, it wouldn't be my only job. I want to get my commercial pilot license, too. Or a CDL if that fails.
    Pilot jobs are elusive.