Any websites that teach you how to rap?

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by The Nickatina, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Id like to learn how to use proper structures in my raps, how to build a good story, etc. is there anywhere I can go to learn these things? (preferably free). Or is this stuff I need to teach myself?

The hard headed never learn.

2. Write stuff and show people ask them what they think. I just started writing like last month and I think it has improved.

There's no magic formula or anything you just have to try. Or at least that's how I see it correct me if I'm wrong.

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfXqaD7PGxo]How To Rap book - YouTube[/ame]

Vinnie Paz, Immortal Technique, E40, Tech N9ne, Pusha T, Cypress Hill, Cannibal Ox, etc

All teach you in this book there techniques I'm renting it from the library pretty good read actually. I saw Immortal was on it and had to get it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIp-pmB_wmU]Immortal Technique - Black Vikings (Ft. Styles P, Vinnie Paz & Poison Pen) [The Martyr] - YouTube[/ame]

4. Any books that id be able to find at a local library?

5. Do not go on websites to learn how to rap if you are a super amature. Start rapping for a little bit on your own get good at a simple flow then you can experiment with others, if you learn about different flows and styles all at the same time then when you spit you will be all over the place

6. the best way is listen to the classics, nas-illmatic, wu tang, mobb deep-infamous, eminem-sslp etc listen to how they structure the songs, when they take breaths and their flows. then just start writing yourself and you will improve

7. basically this. But just listen to your own favorite rappers. Everybody has a different style.

8. Ive been freestyling and writing a lot. The hardest part for me is finding words to use. Any suggestions on how I could expand my vocab and remember those words for when im freestyling?