Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

any way to take the high out?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The Third Eye, Sep 13, 2011.

1. okay guys, i was wondering if somebody has made a kind of marijuana without the THC in it? or something with the other cannabinoids in it but so it doesn tget you high? i think that would probably be the best medicine.

2. Yeah, if you smoke it for medicinal purposes...But if I don't get high I'm liable to lose it, and you think Mother Nature is beast when she loses it you haven't seen shit.:cool:

3. THC causes proliferation of the smooth ER. dont remove it ! :D

4. well basically what im asking, is there a way that i could make some type of pill or something that i can manufacture, and sell as a FDA approved drug, while marijuana stays illegal so i can profit from the prohibition just like dealers?

5. [quote name='"The Third Eye"']

well basically what im asking, is there a way that i could make some type of pill or something that i can manufacture, and sell as a FDA approved drug, while marijuana stays illegal so i can profit from the prohibition just like dealers?[/quote]

Thanks for the idea.

6. lol are you trolling? because thats pretty much marinol made by big pharma :D

7. It's called straight up hemp. No one wants to smoke hemp.

8. Its called Marinol and its been around for years. Basically its THC pills that wont get you high for shit

9. #9 BadKittySmiles, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2011
    THC is a big part of what makes cannabis medicinal, but it's not the only part. There are hundreds of chemicals and elements in cannabis glandular material besides the few we usually think of, which help make cannabis the medicine that it is... from the array of lesser, and unknown effects stemming from the dozens of known cannabinoids (and then from those cannabinoids that have yet to be studied and classified), to the hundreds of terpenes, many of which have documented medicinal value, from antimutagenic to the sedative, to analgesic, memory loss reduction (ie. enhanced memory capacity), and even appetite stimulant, not to mention their ability to effect cellular permeability. It is possible to isolate them, it's just very, very difficult and costly to find someone to do it for you. :) On top of that, we've yet to find the perfect ratio or way to combine them to as great effect, as mother nature has. This is why synthetics such as marinol and others, and so-called 'extracts' such as sativex, leave so much to be desired.

Some components of the glandular material extract more easily, and at a different rate, than others. Similar to decaffeinating a beverage like coffee or tea, but in reverse, some patients feel they reduce some of the 'recreational' effects while keeping what they need of the medicinal value, by making an initial quick extraction (which varies depending on the solvent, and the patients desires) that they keep, and then give the still-potent remains of their herb, to friends, for further processing. But it's hard to say which elements they're taking, or leaving behind, and in what quantity.

10. oh my god?? it has hundreds of chemicals in it!!!! if something has a ton of chemicals it must be bad! we need to only buy drugs that have been profited from and approved by our government

11. And basically what I'm saying is that I will burn the forests, flood the lands, and make damn sure every last one of you perishes...None of this 'Arc' bullshit, no way, man, I ain't fallin' for that shit again.:cool:

12. im so confused by your post man