Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any Washington State Medical Marijuana Patients?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by No925Job, Feb 26, 2009.

1. #1 No925Job, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
    I have been smoking Marijuana for some time now and came to realize that is actually helps me. I'm not one to smoke and go to school or work or anything. I smoke marijuana at night because i have chronic back pain and it helps me go to sleep. I would like to get medical marijuana so I don't feel like a criminal having to buy it from a dealer and being sneaky about it. I'm 18 years old and living with my parents. I told them I smoke marijuana because it helps my pain and helps me sleep. They are fine with me getting medical marijuana and actually prefer if I did so I don't have to buy it from a dealer. So my question is for anyone in Washington is where do I start? I feel it would be strange if I just went to my doctor asking for medical marijuana.

Also I'm new to GrassCity so if I'm breaking the rules or posting in the wrong area I'm sorry.

2. Why isn't anyone replying?

3. I thought I could come to this website to get help; I guess I was wrong.

4. #4 schmedrickk, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2009
    Hey No25,

First of all you should never be lighting up a Fatty at your parents house. You are putting them in jeopardy of getting arrested or losing their home, that is definitely not cool. You should get your own apartment, or share a place with friends who have the same lifestyle as you do. This decision is your own personal choice of course.

If you're looking to get qualified as a medical patient, try this place:

http://thc-foundation.com

Happy Bong Loads

:)

5. #5 purplemadness, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009

Thats a bit much ...your parents will loose their house if you get high in it:smoke: mabey if you got a grow operation going then they could loose their house....only if they owned it.

I would rather have my kids smoke at home than out in public.....same goes for drinking

Go get a MMJ card if you live in one of these States ...the FEDs wont bother you

Nevada Colorado
    Alaska Nw Jersey
    Hawaii Maine
    Montana New Mexico
    Oregon Rhode Island
    Vermont Washington

6. #6 Slathe, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
    Dude... You should just about be slaped for lacking the literacy and/or reading comprehension to figure out that he lives in WASHINGTON! Which I may add, has medical MJ laws. Wow right?
    And the FED's are NOT going to bust down his mom's door for a freaking 8th. That's LEO. You really don't think that the FEDERAL agents have something slightly-- bigger to deal with? I guess the fed's wire tap your house for a partial O now days. :hello: Well... Some fed's might, thanks to bush and idiots who don't care about their rights... But they're not interested in your closet puffing... More like your friendly neighborhood closet terrorist/threat to national oi-- I mean.... Security. (Should be more careful with wording, they are probably reading this...)

Op, check out the THC-foundation as mentioned earlier... As far as I have been able to gather... it's your best bet-- well only real option seance WA competition seems a bit... well... low.

--As for you -rents loosing their house because you smoke in it-- I'm so sure... :rolleyes:
    Because we all know every teenager that get's busted smoking a bowl in their room in their parents house get's there door knocked down by the DEA and every thing the parents own is forfeited.

7. #7 purplemadness, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009

You should be slapped for mis reading my post......TALK ABOUT NO READING COMPREHENSION!!!:bolt::bolt:

I also stated there is no way that anyone would get in trouble for smoking in his moms and dads house:hello::hello:

also stated if he wanted to be totally legal get a MMJ card.....that way he can legally smoke according to State law
    .....................................................................................................................................................

I know about Washington State MMJ laws...I'm a holder and I grow 14 plants legally.

Shit this 18 yr old can legally grow the same amount I can... in his mom and dads house if he becomes a Washington State MMJ card holder...without worry of any legal action

Want a MMJ card in Washington Try here.....current medical records a must have

Jeremy Miller
    Olympia Patient Resource Center
    2747 Pacific Ave SE Ste B-19 Olympia, WA 98501
    M-F 11am-6pm
    360-456-3517

Attached Files:

8. I went through the THC Foundation 2 days ago on 3/2 only thing I wish is that it were slightly more official I guess. otherwise it was a fairly pleasent situation it took me about 1 1/2 hrs total.

In the aspect of more official I mean that I had my appt with the doctor he signed the documentation and that was it, then when I was leaving this other place was offering a ID card type thing for $20 I did that but the info they provide on the back is unlegible without bright lights and like a magnifying glass. I think it has more to do with the machine they print with then anything else.

9. I am a patient at OPRC and American Heritage Medical in Olympia, and they are the best. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with THC, because the doc at American Heritage was very thorough about going through my medical history, and asked me lots of questions.

I would recommend OPRC and Jeremy Miller to anyone who needs help with their medication.

The staff at OPRC are also knowledgable, and sweet people.

10. the guys name is NO925JOB, lets look at this. take the numbers out and you can see the guy has NO JOB and is probably looking to grow for profit. i don't think thats right for this guy to grow legally to sell to his friends.

i am interested in getting my med card and i am also 18 but i would be wanting it for personal reasons only. i grow still without it :)

i don't mean to change topic but does anyone know where i could find list of terminal illnesses that apply? or should i just ask my doctor? is there anything i could prepare to help my case?

has anyone heard of ANY 18 year old getting a card?
    i have only heard of doctors suggesting to them to use their own as it helps them.

11. This was in the stickies, hope it helps.

Washington

SUMMARY: Fifty-nine percent of voters approved Measure 692 on November 3, 1998. The law took effect on that day. It removes state-level criminal penalties on the use, possession and cultivation of marijuana by patients who possess "valid documentation" from their physician affirming that he or she suffers from a debilitating condition and that the "potential benefits of the medical use of marijuana would likely outweigh the health risks." Patients diagnosed with the following illnesses are afforded legal protection under this act: cachexia; cancer; HIV or AIDS; epilepsy; glaucoma; intractable pain (defined as pain unrelieved by standard treatment or medications); and multiple sclerosis. Other conditions are subject to approval by the Washington Board of Health. Patients (or their primary caregivers) may legally possess or cultivate no more than a 60-day supply of marijuana. The law does not establish a state-run patient registry.

AMENDMENTS:Yes. Last year, the Washington's Medical Quality Assurance Commission approved Crohn's disease, Hepatitis C, and "any disease, including anorexia, which results in nausea, vomiting, wasting, appetite loss, cramping, seizures, muscle spasms, and/or spasticity, when these symptoms are unrelieved by standard treatments."

12. #12 Haniel, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
    No925Job,

Two things:

1) There is a VERY specific list of conditions that the Washington state marijuana law allows for the DR. RECCOMENDATION for the use of MM in Washington state. All a Dr. is allowed to do by law in Washington state is reccommend that marijuana "may help" your condition.

2) Despite what others may tell you, you DO NOT need to go to a "marijuana clinic" and pay their exploitative fees (my opinion) to get a medical reccommendation. If your condition is on the "list" and your Dr. is reluctant to sign the state form (which is all that is required in Washington and it is downloadable from several sites) SHOW him/her that you have done your research. This demonstrates that you are not only out for a "free high" but have a "legitimate" reason to use.

Also:

ACLU of Washington | A Guide to Washington's Medical Marijuana Law

Is very informative. I also just double checked and they have a link to the "standard form".

GENERALLY SPEAKING:

I know that it can be difficult to get a Dr. to sign this form. Gawd knows it wasn't simple for me, and my condition is on the list. If your need is legit, you may have to look until you find, but eventually you will.

In no way do I mean to take a cheap shot at the marijuana clinics. However, they need to keep in mind that many of us are on disability and CANNOT AFFORD $200.00 for an office visit, or $150.00 to renew a card that IS NOT REQUIRED by this state.

Even then Having succeeded in all the above there is still the problem of obtaining supply. If anyone has any helpful information regarding a (Vancouver) Washington dispensary above or below ground, please email me at the.home.planet@gmail.com. Thanks a million!

13. Every time I call OPRC the phone isn't working or is screwed up. I got my paperwork through them. Are they still open?

14. The state is missing out on so much money if they just would license patients who can supply documents from their doctor that they have been treated for a qualifying condition for more than 1 year. Bypass all the private "clinics" charging $200 and $150 renewal and save us all a big hassle.

Every doctor I've ever been to has asked if I want to quit marijuana and see's no benefit from it. The same doctors prescribe me anti nausea (phenergan) medicine as well as imitrex for migraines. Imitrex is $30 per pill currently, and even when I had insurance they shut me down and said I was prescribed too much when compared to their guidelines that they adhere to.

I'm currently a caregiver, but just can't see spending $200 to a private clinic as well as the renewal fee, with no guarantee that they won't be shut down at some point in the future and I'll then have to start over and be out the already inflated fees.

I've written all my state officials, they just send you back a standardized how great washington is for having medical marijuana laws, and how as a patient you're protected. But they don't realize there are a lot of doctors with different idealogies and out of religion, greed, upbringing, or who knows what, see no reason to consider alternatives to what they've been told.

You can become a caregiver for free, just print off the pages from the DOH website and copy your patients recommendation. You just can't consume anything.........;)

15. Aclone,
    Can you tell me where on the DOH website I can find the proper paperwork? I looked and was unable to find anything about being a caregiver or MMJ...
    Thanks for your help,
    K :)

16. My bad, actually was on ACLU site, ACLU of Washington | A Guide to Washington's Medical Marijuana Law

which states: "The qualifying patient must designate the provider in writing before the provider assumes responsibility for the patient's medical marijuana, and the designated provider must carry (1) a copy of the patient's designation, (2) a copy of the patient's physician authorization, and (3) proof of identity whenever he or she is growing, obtaining, or in possession of medical marijuana, to be presented to law enforcement upon request. "

The physician authorization developed by the WA state medical association is here:
    http://www.aclu-wa.org/library_files/Documentation_of_Physician_Authorization.pdf

17. ahh! Thanks again for the info!

18. Jut got mine! I'm in Oly if any other green card holders want to connect.

19. What I did when I was getting my card for chronic pain is talk with my dr about options. I was honest about smoking, but was also willing to try other options. After you have your medical records gathered (you can usually pay a few bucks for copies) take them to your local NORML office, they're really helpful and should be able to give you an idea of what you need to do next.

20. I know this isn't my thread but do you guys think ulcerative colitis (similar to crohns disease) would qualify me for a green card in WA? I haven't taken my medication for about 8 months, just smoked. Went to the doc to get checked out and im still in perfect remission, he actually said this is the best health he has seen me in :smoking: