Any vegan stoners?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by hsartevisnepxe, Jul 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. It seems like everyone who's vegan is entirely anti-drug, and then there's me. So, any other vegans around? If so, do you do anything else special? HCLF? Rawtill4? No GMOs? Junk food vegan? I personally switch between HCLF and junk food, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 OwlLit, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    I'm vegan! I don't really stick to a strict lifestyle within the vegan community (like hclf or raw til 4) outside of trying to eat as many whole foods as possible (and, of course, avoiding animal products). Easily the best decision I've ever made for my emotional and physical health.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I tried. I got harped too much by family and friends when I would refuse to eat meat. When I move out ill probably move towards a more vegetarian lifestyle.

4. No chance of getting the munchies, I'd guess...Bolt

5. I'm a vegan most of the time but if I get a urge I eat meat not sure if I'm a good example

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Nah, being vegan doesn't mean you don't get the munchies. I'll devour a fuck ton of vegan junk food when i'm high.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm Vegan :) 2 years and loving it!

8. I started questioning things last January, went vegetarian in July and vegan in October.
    Family events/gatherings are the toughest for me but I'm learning.
    I'm mostly in it for the environment, but it feels really nice to say "I love animals" without feeling dissonant/vaguely hypocritical.

9. I have some great tips for sticking with it in rough situations, great bring along omni approved recipes and a decent list of resources. If you want to chat about it you can pm me. Also there are some great Facebook groups like Vegans United, What Fat Vegans Eat, New Vegan Support and tons more. I have yet to be added into a 420 Vegans group though. I have been meaning to post about it in VU but I have witnessed some people get attacked for using herb :( which is a bummer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm Vegi but I tend to be as vegan as possible.

I smoke and my attempt at growing is as vegan friendly as possible. I think trying to be a vegan canna grower just highlighted how much non-vegi/vegan, pesticides, ferts products there are in growing in general; basically everything we eat on a day to day basis.

I'll do absolutely anything to try to avoid animal products and you can be a vegan and smoke!

Vegi

Sent from an outer space intergalactic dimension 100 light years away...

11. I guess I'm what you'd call a flexiterian. At home I eat 99% vegan, but I don't want to be the guy who demands his own separate food when visiting friends, family, parties, etc. So I eat meat and other animal products in such situations and restaurants if they don't have suitable options.

The way I see it, it doesn't really make any difference to my health, the environment or animal cruelty since it's such a small amount in the big picture.

12. :wave:I know this is hella old but I just joined and I'm vegan too

13. No chance of getting the munchies.

14. Welcome on board. I still do try to do as many vegan recipes as possible; although a Vegi here.

Vegi

15. Most hippys I've met were vegan so idk where you got that from. They usually started the vegan lifestyle way back then and its only started to go mainstream these last 5-10years. Cannabis was good but Cannabis on a plant-based/Healthy diet = Mind blown every time!

16. Ever had an Oreo? haha
    You'd be surprised how many things are secretly or accidentally vegan.

17. Vegan here :)
    I was vegetarian for 6 years and then went vegan about 2.5 years ago.
    I definitely get the munchies still. Oreos are a great vegan junk food for munchies.
    There's also this local pizza place down the street from my apartment that has this amazing vegan chicken philly sub. Perfect stoned meal.
    It helps if you live in a more urban area as a vegan. There's tons of places near me that have delicious vegan food I can munch on while toking.

18. Completely agree that where you are will dictate how good your vegan options are.

Alot of places now have great Vegan options, but still nowhere near ideal.

Vegi

19. #19 Wisdom Tooth, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    These are the ingredients in Oreos for example:
    UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), SUGAR, PALM, AND/OR CANOLA OIL, COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA, AND/OR CALCIUM PHOSPHATE), CORNSTARCH, SALT, SOY LECITHIN, VANILLIN(--) ...

Now i don't know if your vegan for health or ethical reasons but eating those ingredients will kill you much quicker and cause more damage to the brain and body then any meat or dairy i 100% can bet you on that.
    Plenty of GMO ingredients there too.

If you go plant-based at least respect yourself too not just animals because you are doing no better than eating animal products by creating a toxic environment within your own body. Balance is key.