any underground seed banks in the usa?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by stfuppercut, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Underground or not for that matter.
    My biggest fear is customs. I live in North Carolina.

2. This has a lot of potential. People need to start selling seeds along side with MJ buds. I am sure in select "circles", they exist, but its on a "need to know" bases. If your not producing 100K of MJ in a underground bunker, your probably not in the "circles". However, there is a demand for this market, so it needs to be explored to its fullest potential. Many USA growers are demanding a easy-to-access means of seed acquisition. So there is money to be made here. Potentially it would be ran the same way as many drug rings are run.

Pure capitalism at it's finest, the drug trade that is.

3. just network with other growers to get specific genes you want through growing I met old dudes who worked on their own strains and created some big yielding bud low odor and is hearty for drought just keep your ears and eyes open

4. You can create your own seeds for sale, or personal use by simply pollinating the female plant with male pollen. You can create hundreds of seeds from a single branch. I'd like to quote this from a guide I have.

"When a male is starting to flower (2-4 weeks before the females) it should be removed from the females so it does not pollinate them. It is taken to a separate area. Any place that gets just a few hours of light per day will be adequate, including close to a window in a separate room in the house. Put newspaper or glass under it to catch the pollen as the flowers drop it.
    Keep a male alive indefinitely by bending the top severely and putting it in mild shock that delays it is maturity. Or take the tops as they mature and put the branches in water, over a piece of plate glass. Shake the branches every morning to release pollen onto the glass and then scrap it with a razor blade to collect it. A male pruned in this fashion stays alive indefinately and will continue to produce flowers if it gets suitable dark periods. This is much better than putting pollen in the freezer! Fresh pollen is always best.
    Save pollen in an air tight bag in the freezer. It will be good for about a month. It may be several more weeks before the females are ready to pollinate. Put a paper towel in the bag with it to act as a desecant.
    A plant is ready to pollinate 2 weeks after the clusters of female flowers first appear. If you pollinate too early, it may not work. Wait until the female flowers are well established, but still all while hairs are showing.
    Turn off all fans. Use a paper bag to pollinate a branch of a female plant. Use different pollen from two males on separate branches. Wrap the bag around the branch and seal it at the opening to the branch. Shake the branch vigorously. Wet the paper bag after a few minutes with a sprayer and then carefully remove it. Large plastic zip-lock bags also. Slip the bag over the male branch and shake the pollen loose. Carefully remove the bad and zip it up. It should be very dusty with pollen. To pollinate, place it over a single branch of the female, zipping it up sideways around the stem so no pollen leaks out. Shake the bag and the stem at the same time. Allow to settle for an hour or two and shake it again. Remove it a few hours later. Your branch is now well pollinated and should show signs of visible seed production in 2 weeks, with ripe seeds splitting the calyxes by 3-6 weeks. One pollinated branch can create hundreds of seeds, so it should not be necessary to pollinate more than one or two branches in many cases."

I hope this helped with anything : )

5. Correct me if i am wrong... Aren't cannabis seeds completely legal to have in the US? I was under the impression that they were not illegal to possess.

6. they are illegal to possess inside the US border

7. as stated above, they are most certainly illegal to have in the US.

however, i do believe (someone can correct me if i'm wrong) that companies do use sterilized (non-viable) hemp seeds in certain bird foods as they are a good source of protein and fat. not that this is of any use to us though...

8. #8 cantharis, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2009
    I am not an American (British by the grace of God) but this point has arisen a number of times before. I have always understood that because seeds do NOT contain THC (or any other controlled substance) they are LEGAL to possess in the US (and the UK and a number of other countries). It is only when you germinate them that they become illegal.
    Here in sunny, liberal Spain - no problem. Viva España!!! and Rule, Britannia!!!

9. in the united states, cannabis seeds ARE contraband.

they can be stealthy-shipped in, but dont get cocky, cause if found, they are confiscated.

10. intriguing....i wonder what they taste like....roasted hemp seed anyone?

11. The reason i asked is becuase i frequent a sandwich shop called "Cheba Hut" all of their sandwichs are named after popular strains of marijuana, and most contain either hemp seeds or hemp oil. They also make hemp brownies which are mostly brownies with hemp seeds.

Thanks for the information!!

12. FDA OK'd use of certain hemp products mostly the seed primarily the oil, a couple of years ago. Hemp/Cannabis seeds are only legal in the US if they are non viable as the Hemp seeds in birdseed. Hemp fibers for rope and clothing are legal but are imported as are the seeds and oils.

13. This thread is the equivalent of going to a message board and asking 'any mafia's in the usa?'

lol ya know its like 'can I get a piece of some illegal business over the net?' lol

Get outta here with this non sense.

14. Out of curiousity, I'd like to as what would happen if someone were to be caught with Marijuana seeds? All I see is "Confiscated," but is there some sort of penalty? Fine? Or is it "Just don't do it again.." kinda thing?

15. imo, caught with and intercepted in the mail are two different things.

driving down the road, pulled over, and they spot seeds, its game on for the popo

however, you get an order intercepted by customs, its a confiscation, and a letter telling you why you didnt get them, and that you can contact the customs office if you feel this was an invalid assessment and/or you can justify why the items are not contraband. afaik, no severe penalties, assuming seed quantities arent gigantic

16. Thanks. So, it would be correct assuming the same punishment for being caught physically with seeds as it would be, being caught with a bad of weed?

17. exactly

i thought about starting a seed bank before. but if i did i sure as hell wouldn't tell you

18. I can answer this.

Yes, there are underground seed banks. No, you won't find them by asking in a public forum lol...