Any Trillian Users Out There?

Discussion in 'General' started by Anony, Oct 22, 2008.

1. If you use trillian, I have a question for you.
    Have you ever noticed that sometimes youll send someone a message, and minimize the message to go do something else, like read on GC, or another site or something, and the minimized window for that user down in your start bar will flash, as if they sent you a message but when you click on it no message is there? Does this ever happen to anyonelse? It couldnt be showing when they read the message could it?

2. its happened to me too

3. fake out, haha

4. This is sort of off-topic, but you should check out Pidgin. I was a loyal Trillian user for years but I haven't looked back since I switched to Pidgin.

5. QFT, Pidgin is awesome

6. Interesting. Ill check it out.

7. Does anyone know of these programs where you can use multiple chat programs in one like trillian and pidgin, that supports webcam or video conferencing?

8. Trillian is the best imo... I have had that bug sometimes too.

Isnt Pigin only for linux though?

9. Works fine and I'm running Vista :D

10. There's a video conferencing plugin for Pidgin. I've never used it, so I can't say whether or not it's good.

http://blog.mebeam.com/2008/07/pidgin-using-me.html

11. someone elighten me, whats trillian?

12. Trillian is like pidgin, its one messenger program that allows you to use aim,msn,yahoo,icq all in one, so you dont have 4 programs running at once, just one.

Ill check out that plugin, thanks a bunch!

13. wtf havent i heard of this.

Im running dial-up, will it work just as well?

14. I use trillian and I like it since it combines msn and aim into one easy to use program. But sending a file to someone? Forget it. Is pidgin better in that department? And does it take up as much resources as trillian does?

15. I can't speak for how resource heavy Trillian is, 27k of memory Pidgin is usin at this second so you can probably compare with yours.

As far as file sending/receiving, I haven't had any issues with it, feels like less than with AIM6 but I'm a fanboy.

16. Used to happen to me, now I use Pidgin (gaim) or Digsby... both are better imo.