Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

any tips on having bud but NOT smoking it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thebirdmachine, Jan 4, 2011.

1. what the fuck lol
    self control man
    it's not even addictive

2. dude stop bein a tweaker and get some self control. just keep urself busy and dont come home till night so u dont hav a chance.

3. Just have self control. Maybe take a t break to get your tolerance low and then start smoking less. Getting high shouldn't be the only thing you like doing but, something that makes everything else you like more enjoyable!

4. Its called self control.

Don't be a bitch and smoke if you are on a t break.

5. Im going through a similar situation as you. i just stopped one week ago, and yes it was hard but not impossible. If you can get passed the 4th day you should be fine from then onwards.
    now as to what to do with the bud you already have...
    what im doing is making a tincture. this way i will not have access to any herb unless i intentionally go out and get more.
    i just put herb in a glass jar with bacardi 151 (3 times the liquid of the herb) and ill see how it goes from here.
    I just saw this as a opportunity to make a tincture which i have been delaying for a long time but know can finally put to use.
    Good luck and just remember try to get through the first week and you will be fine especially if you put all your herb in alcohol so when you do start again (1-2 months for the tincture to finish)
    you will have a totally new experience:wave:

6. I would have died a long time ago also, haha. I'm just like you OP, I have no self control at all and do the exact same thing. It really killed my social life.

I really need to grow up and learn how control myself.

7. What I do is when I buy my oz I'll break it up into 1g bags, and then ration myself to one bag a day - i.e. if I smoke during the day I CANT at night. After a while it becomes easier and you can cut down the size of the bags or whatever works for you. Maybe try asking your partner to hold onto the weed and only give you your bags after 5pm or whatever - if you ask him to then he'll understand I'm sure.

8. If you're really having a hard time controlling your urges, avoid anything that makes you think about smoking. Its all in your head. I'm, in a way, currently going through the same phase as you: I have dank bud, I'm a beast at rolling, I have some of the best wraps in various flavors, and I have school to worry about. Just coming on this forum and reading makes me want to roll a fat one and just smoke the day away. Luckily I can exercise a little self-control; I'm sure you can too.

So to start, and this again is if you're really having a hard time controlling your urges, get off this forum till you feel like you can start smoking again.

9. 1. lock weed in a safe in the morning when you wake up
    2. swallow key
    3. you should shit later in the evening if all goes well
    4. retrieve key
    5. smoke bud

seriously...self control and distractions (this is key)

10. Like many wise people have told me before "it will always be there". I'm on a break right now and have bud in the house. It's all about self control. There are better things to do in your life than to smoke week all day every day. Sure it feel good to be stoned all the time but its also hard to function that way. The trick is to try and find another hobby to take up your time and not think about it. To be able to have self control and not smoke is relieving and the next time you smoke after that will feel so good because you know its on your own terms and not just because you want to smoke.

11. Don't worry, get stoned.

12. Uhh... smoke it all so u have nothing left.

13. Damn yea I have no self control, like it's almost like having a bad memory, I can want to do something but if I'm not feeling up to it that extra kick to get me to do it isn't there...

Right now I'm broke cause I spend all my money on weed and other things, and I don't spend enough time getting a good job. For the past 7 months I've been smoking like 3 or 4 times a day sometimes more and it's killing my wallet but it's so nice otherwise :) I'm a drug addict though if I'm not high I'm low low low and I can usually ignore it but if I have money and am bored and depressed I use that no self control and buy some more buds

I need to stop smoking for a while though... probably should clear my system of it maybe quit for like a month and see where I'm at, but who knows if I can do it

So I'm interested in this thread lol, what's the best way to get yourself to do something you don't want to do at all in the present that will not benefit you for months or possibly years? Curse my mind

14. I find that it REALLY makes smoking better when you go all day without smoking; work hard, exercise, get shit done to the best of you sober abilities.

After that its VERY rewarding to collapse on the couch turn on the tube and blaze the fuck up... The ol' "work hard, play hard" concept works best for me.

either that OR(if you dont want to put in the hard work) start designating a certain time each day that you specifically set aside for smoking.

Hope this helped bra.:smoke:

15. :laughing:

To the Op: go running. nothing like hitting that 3rd breath. runners high <<FTW

16. I decide, in advance, how much I need in a particular day. The rest I leave someplace that's annoying to access. Just walking away helps, too; if you're miles away doing something fun, you won't be as tempted to raid your stash as you would be if you're bored at home.