Any tips? I’m a newbie.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HazeyRage, Jun 4, 2018.

1. How are things looking? Light is 300w full spectrum. Has 2 light settings, vegetation, and flowering. Plants are 1 week old, and the light is 20” away.

The odd/miss coloured marks on the leaves are from the seed shell being stuck the the leaves or a few days. (Was removed today)

Plants are also on general hydroponics go box nutrients.

There’s a fan blowing/ circulating air from the side vent through the top vent .

Basically I just want to know what you all think about this set up.

Attached Files:

2. Your light is probably only 140 watts - only good for one plant. Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. your lights too far away get it closer

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. and turn but settings on veg and bloom get the maximum power out the light

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

5. I would keep it where it’s at and on the veg setting. There’s a few reasons for that, one is they are seedlings and do not require much light.

Looks good but only post natural light pictures please. Your soil looks wet how big are the pots?

• Like Like x 1
  6. get those lights closer

• Like Like x 2
  7. Don't put your plants on a box, especially an empty box. Box will collapse if moisture even looks at it. Get a milk crate or cinder blocks

Good luck!

put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning

• Like Like x 2
  8. agree, lower your light prior to lifting your plants

9. My best advice is study.
    Find some growers that use the same media and similar methods and go through there journals with a fine toothed comb.
    Also learn how to feed by spotting deficits its safer and more efficient than just following a schedule.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. keep it green. have safe sex with strange girls. lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. They are Almost a week old. The flowerpots are only small probably the size of a solo cup.

12. Why would you say that?

13. That’s my philosophy

• Like Like x 1
  14. Because all of those so-called 300w led's are not 300watts. What brand is it?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yeah true story unfortunately mate. Gotta be careful with leds.
    I use "600"s but theyre only actually 250s. Makes a huuge difference.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. i have full spectrum with 2 modes. Veg/flower. I guess if I use 1 it will be like maybe 150w so I’ll jsut move it closer

17. Run both modes at the same time and it will be a total of 130 watts.

18. Post a picture of your light. What kind of light is it? Not every LED light that says “full spectrum” is actually full spectrum. In my experience, if it is blurple, then it probably isn’t full spectrum unless you paid a shitload of money like for a Kind LED light. And even then I don’t consider the Kind LED lights full spectrum when compared to newer grow light technology.

In my inexperienced opinion, a full spectrum light is white / yellow light that you get from COB Cree or quantum board LED lights. They are the closest to “full spectrum” when compared to what our sun produces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t grow good bud with the light you have.

As previously mentioned, it’s probably only pulling about a 120-140 watts from the wall which is what you should go by. That light may work for your two plants but I would recommend supplementing your current light when you flower. That light won’t cover the canopy from 2 plants.

I’m subbed. Look forward to see what you do.

20. Don't let these people get you discouraged. They are completely right, but no matter, and you'll wish you had more light in about a month. You can rotate the plants a quarter turn each day and at about a foot tall, flip them. They should double in size during the stretch, with enough light and container size. 2-3 gals pots should be good for your run.

LED lights for the most part shine straight down, so consider that. And most have very little penetration. White light is best, but many many folks grow the shit out of cheaper lights. I have amare, good light, very expensive.

20180604_233356.jpg 20180604_233410.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1