Any tips for a new grower?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by smokenothing, Jun 28, 2012.

1. I have some plants growing outside right now. 4 females. One is about 3 and a half feet. 2 are 2 feet and one is about 20 inches and struggling. The 20 incher wasnt getting enough sun but i moved it into a far better place. They are all getting 15-30-15 fertilizer and watered regularly. Im expecting flowering to start happening soon and was wondering if i should do anything different and what are the first signs of it starting.

Any info is helpful and thanks in advance.

2. If you have a three and a half foot tall plant, then I think you're doing just fine! If you haven't done it already, you might want to think about supporting the branches. The tops start to get heavy around the 4th or 5th week of flowering.

3. [quote name='"sisterstorm"']If you have a three and a half foot tall plant, then I think you're doing just fine! If you haven't done it already, you might want to think about supporting the branches. The tops start to get heavy around the 4th or 5th week of flowering.[/quote]

I had it supported when it was around 2 feet. But its got pretty strong and doesn't seem like it'll need any more support but ill for sure keep a look out for that. Thanks man

4. You may want to adjust your ferts to something that has a ratio of roughly 1-3-2

5. will do man thanks. im kinda clueless when it comes to ferts and i just heard it needs lots of phosphorus around this time.