Any tips for a first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chronic91, Aug 2, 2011.

  1. Hey GC,
    Thinking about planting, got some healthy looking seeds.
    Just wondered if you have any tips for an absolute beginner? :smoke:
     
  2. Read all the stickies in the forums which are at the top. Use google and google grow guide. 90% of everything you need is explained in them the other 10% you learn on the go.
     
  3. Grow a dank female cannabis plant. Good luck!
     
  4. Make sure you don't use nutes within the first month of growing.
     
  5. get a notebook and keep it next to your grow and write down everything you do, good/bad results and anything that you think is important. Do this and when you do your next grow look back and see what you can do better.
     
  6. Make sure everything in ur grow is SAFE!!.. lights are up correctly and wont fall.. all power connections are checked and not to close to any water...ect..
     
  7. #7 Chronic91, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Great idea, thanks for the tips guys!
    Im trying to grow in a greenhouse as the uk is not very warm, whats the average temputure the plants need to be at?
     

  8. I'm growing in the UK so i wouldn't worry to much also it's a bit late to start. they wont finish.
     
  9. #9 Chronic91, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Is it worth even bothering to grow this time of year?
     
  10. outdoors it is not really worth starting now IMO but indoors it dosnt matter lol
     
  11. #11 Chronic91, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I was thinking about growing inside a green house? Which is still quite humid.
    I don't think they will grow that bigger of a yield
     
  12. daylight hours are going to drop soon which will cause flowering with not alot of time for veg
     
  13. I would hold off on outdoor growing until February.
     
  14. #14 Chronic91, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Flowering early, would it mean less yeild? Or less quality bud?
    I'm not too bothered as long as I get nice smoke in a few months time :smoke:
     
  15. It would be much less yield since its pretty much going 12/12 from seed. Quality depends on more factors, not just light. :)
     
  16. Read, Read, and Read some more, Read until your eyes bleed.

    Then grow.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  17. The most solid advice I've heard in a while. +rep.
     
  18. kind of bloodthirsty :D absolute truth though :D
     
  19. Another quick question, how regulary and how much food shall I give newly developing plants? :smoke:
     
  20. I guess you didn't take my advice .
     

Grasscity Deals Near You

Loading...

Share This Page