Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any tips before i go to the doctor?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Smoker89, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Hello, i just wanted to say in advance that this isnt about medical marijuana because i live in florida. Hey so im 19 years old and i think i suffer from chronic depression and i have set up an appointment with the doctor. I believe that i need anti depressants but i dont want to come off as just wanting drugs to the doctor.. does anyone have any tips so i can go to the doctor and get prescribed some kind of antidepressant?

2. Just go in there and tell him about your depression. Most doctors prescribe anti-depressants now a days as a first step.

Good luck on treating your depression :hello:

3. If you want antidepressants, you'll get them. Doctors hand those things out like candy on Halloween. As long as it's a Psychiatrist you're seeing then I'm sure he'll have no problem giving you the chemical assistance your brain needs.

Just to give you a heads up though, Antidepressants do more damage in the long run, than say, cannabis. Although the most effective method of treating your depression would probably be without any dependence on any mind altering substance whatsoever.

Trust me when I say this, the drugs the pharmaceutical industry creates in their laboratories are minimally effective, to completely useless. In the case that they do slightly work, the price that is paid (the sacrifice of self) is usually much greater than the benefits reaped.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBVip6knLS4"]YouTube - Bipolar Nation: Rage Against Psychiatry![/ame]