Any Surfers on GC?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Gan, Oct 2, 2013.

1. pretty surprised that I wasn't able to find a surfing thread on GC (granted my search wasn't very in depth)

Surfing is one of my favorite activities, just figured I'd share the love. I know a lot of people longboard on here, long boarding started because people wanted to shred when the waves were flat.

Feel free to ask questions or post vids. I'll start it off, this is a trailer for a movie I saw recently, shot all over the world. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/uNFW2YnSXJY

2. Hey man, fellow surfer reporting.

Check out John John Florence's recent movie: Done.

Amazing surfing amazing waves, aloha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. G'day! There is a surfing thread here in the outdoor section but it's deader than dead and embarrassingly lacklustre. Fingers crossed that this one rocks out, 'cause surfing is one of the most bitchin' things you can do on this planet.

I've been obsessed with the whole idea of surfing since I was a little dude watching the nutjobs go for broke off the Irish coast.  Though I live Down Under now and footsteps from the ocean, the waters are deadly and the few breaks we get up here are hardly worth the risk. I plan on settling elsewhere in the near future and the quality of surf will be a huge factor in where I end up.

Wishing everyone beauty waves. :smoke:

4. Surfing is by far my favorite thing to do. I cannot go through the day without thinking about it. If there aren't any waves for two weeks I just about lose it. Highly recommend everyone try it at least a few times in their life, I will never stop.

5. Time to mark an occasion and check one off the list, boys.

Ended up in Bali this weekend - my second trip to the island - and, for the first time, I got barreled. I even got to ride it a ways before getting pitched over and rag-dolled. I may not have made a clean exit, but I certainly got into it and you can't wipe the stupid grin off my face.

Wishing everyone best breaks. :smoke:

6. Just moved to Florida and will be picking up my first surf board this week!  I've only surfed once before, but I was able to get up and ride some waves.  I'm currently living on a boat with my paps and around the 1st of November we will be taking it around the islands in the Bahamas for about 8 months.  I'm also going to purchase a stand-up paddle board.  I'm excited to get into the sport as I used to live in Utah and would ski my ass off.  It going boring to me as I've done it for 18 years and have mastered it.  Super stoked to start the water sports though!!  I've also long boarded my whole life.

7. F that there are great whites that mistake surfers for seals everyday, stay out of the waters!!!

You should give it a go. It's worth any and all of the risks.

9. psst, I am a surfer :)

10. I'm really trying to get into surfing I've been skateboarding since I was a child, now I've surfed once I was okay, but it was just smaller waves back in Florida. It wasn't a long board or short board kinda of in between. Anyway what do you think is the best beginner surf board to get, I may just grab a short board disrespect it and shred.  

11. Had to make an account to get in on this thread. Surfing is the shit. Where you all surf? its been flat for months on the central coast :cry:  

I hear you, man. I live north coast of Australia and we're lucky to get swell twice a year in our gnarly corner of the globe. Time to move somewhere with some real waves.

13. no but i try to use the vernacular as much as possible ..

tubularrrrrrr

bodacious brahhh

gnarlllyyyyyyy

14. Haha I don't know any surfers who say that. We say get shacked and bitchin

15. bitchin camaro , bitchin camaro, i ran over my neighbor

16. I love that surf culture slang, mang.

I use rad, kook, bitchin', far out, and gnarly like it's nobodies business. :cool:

Also, this is fun:

[​IMG]

17. ^^^^^^
    Dat ass :ey:

18. #20 AR Toasty, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013
    Don't worry, I'll keep this thread alive.  :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Got distracted by pretty surfer girls and forgot to add: finally had some local swell!  :yay:

Cyclone passed nearby last week and we were hitting 3 feet out in the water. Small beans, but as close to perfect surf conditions as we get up here. Mate got nipped by a stinger, but the rest of us were frothing. It's always a good day when the top end gets swell.