Any suggestions, tips, or good supplements for last few weeks of flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by weedislife, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Hello all. Have a beautiful girl on her 5th week of flowering and shes doing spectacular. First grow and i couldn't be happier for now. Buds are swelling up and shes producing tons of frost its great. Currently have her on a 9-59-8 nutrient feeding every other day and she seems to have been responding well to it. Now with harvest time coming up, i know I'm going to want to give her just plain water for the last couple of weeks, but i was just wondering if there was any little tips or anything else i could give her right now towards the end that can help her in any way at all. As i said, just giving her her basic NPK nutrients for now. Any suggestions will be appreciated thanks!

2. If your plant is doing well I wouldn't want to upset that apple cart, but feeding every other day is too much. At what strength are you feeding?

You can add unsulfured molasses to your water, 1 tbs per gallon of water.

Congrats, sounds like a very successful first grow.

3. Well the feeding instructions say every watering (which is everyday for me) and a full tablespoon per gallon. So I'm doing it every other watering(day) and maybe about 3/4ths tablespoon, thought maybe that wouldn't be too harsh on her what do you think? ill try and cut it down a little and see how she goes. Thanks for the tip on the molasses, definitively will check it out, just curious as to what its supposed to do for the plant or what results you've had with it. Here's a thread with a few pics i put up a couple of weeks agohttp://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/342092-1st-grow-week-4-flowering-fire-kush-bagseed-56kbeware.html , shes much more developed since then, thought id throw em in, check em out if youd like. Thanks again!

Attached Files:

• Bud4.jpg
      Bud4.jpg
      File size:
      424.6 KB
      Views:
  4. Molasses does 2 things for your grow. What is talked about most often is a carb boost for your plants, can help fatten up buds at the end of the grow. What is less talked about is that molasses also feeds the beneficial microorganisms in your soil that have a symbiotic relationship with your plant's roots, helping your plants to uptake nutrients, and for this reason is good to give molasses at a few points throughout the grow.

5. cool, definatley gonna look into it thanks alot again.

6. how often would you feed them molasses? just in flower? every time you water?

7. At that stage I use Advanced Nutrients - Overdrive, it works great:smoking:

8. Just once or twice. Use it after final flush, about 1-2 weeks before harvest.

9. #9 lessismore, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2009

Very good post, +rep if I could.

I flush a few days before going to my flowering nutes. The 2nd week of 12/12 I hit them w/ str8 molasses, then the nutes on the next watering. I flush for 3 weeks, so I hit them the 1st week of my flush, then again about a week or so before harvest; so the last 2 times I water I hit them w/ molasses.

The pics below are about 1 week from beginning my final flush, they have had molasses twice since going to 12/12 7 weeks ago. This is a SMG X TW so the buds do not get real long, but they get dense and I have found in using molasses that the trichomes really develope over the last 3-4 weeks of flowering. In the next 4 weeks these will almost double in density.

Note: By str8 molasses I mean apprx. 5 ml to 1 gl of water adjusted to 6.5-7.0 ph.

less

Attached Files:

10. well then, i will be using molasses when i start flowering

11. Is this a special molasses you should use or can I just use "syrup" out of the fridge? Aunt Jamima is the bomb!:p

12. Noo don't use maple syrup. get pure unsulphured molasses (if it doesn't say unsulphured specifically, check the ingredients and if it doesn't say sulphur anywhere you are good :))

13. Pancake syrup is not molasses. Get Grandma's brand unsulfured molasses, in the grocery store near said pancake syrup.

14. There are many brands of molasses you can use. Brer Rabbit Black Strap Molasses is what I use. Remember, you use about 5 ml per gl of water and make sure the PH is adjusted to 6.5-7.0. You have to shake it up really good b/c the molasses will sink str8 to the bottom and set there.

Less

15. You can get it at any grocery store, I'm sure Wal-Mart has it as well. I use Brer Rabbit as well.

16. I use mollases and warm it up and add to the water.
    I use 1 tbl per gl
    Warming it up makes mixing it easier.
    Warm 1 tbl in 1 cup of water

17. Just big THANKS TO YOU ALL. i AM IN 2 WEEK FLOWERING IN CORNER OF BED ROOM-150 WATT HPS-1 50 QUAD LED MAINLY RED ZONE-4 CFLS.AND FOIL.THIS IS FORTH AND GETTING BETTER EACH TIME-i PICKED TO EARLY LAST TIME-THIS TIME i SHALL WAIT UNTIL TRICOMES ARE 85 % RED AND BENT. MAYBE 12 WEEKS FLOWERING-I need Help drying the buds - Steamer- Blue dreama flowering real nice.

18. I use bud candy from Advanced Nutes and couldnt be happier. Its pretty much molasses. Works great. How do i make a grow journal so i can post pics and get feedback

Attached Files:

19. 85 percent amber????
    Thats a bit over ripe for me

Sent from my LGLS660 using Grasscity Forum mobile app