Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Chronic Pain Any strain suggestions for Endometriosis?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by meanderingweasel, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Hi guys, I'm brand new here and just looking for some much needed help. I've been suffering with horribly heavy periods and painful cramping since I was 11 (I'm 19 now) and over the last 18 months they've been getting even worse. I'm regularly in so much pain I can't get out of bed because the cramps just don't let me move. I've lost my job and got kicked out of college because of this but I'm still getting little help from medical professionals. They have suspicions that it is endometriosis but it's almost impossible to get an actual diagnosis from them. I'm really struggling to find anything that actually helps with the pain long term, rather than just momentary relief.
    I've read a few things online with people using various high CBD strains to try and treat endo and I'm just wondering if anyone has any specific recommendations/strains that have worked for them or somebody you know? I will be growing the strains myself from seed (with a little help from my partner)
    These are the strains I've seen mentioned:
    Catatonic
    Harlequinn
    AC/DC
    (Preferably an autoflower strain would be best for me as it will be my first grow)
    We'll be using a mix of MH/HPS and LED lighting and growing in DWC. I will be doing a grow journal as well.
    Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Just started a strain called Dinamed CBD as my wife suffers from endometriosis and fibroids. Just started growing it but plan on making some oil caps for her as she doesn't like the taste or smell of weed. Good luck with everything! I would stay away from auto for your first grow as they can be very finicky in the first few weeks and if they are stunted then they have no time to recover.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. At my last annual checkup I was describing my post Colon Surgical complications and the female nurse got this funny look on her face and when the doctor stepped out for something she confided in me that her Cesarean section had left her with nearly identical issues to mine. We chatted a bit longer and she confided she was using Cannabis like I was to treat both that post surgical issue and as a side effect it was helping with her monthly female issues specifically the cramping aspects.
    I passed along my Grass City screen name and told her to check out my hash based oil caps as a superior way to make her meds.

Abdominal Adhesion Treatment with Cannabis Oil

One of my sub threads on the general issues.

You'll need to experiment with both high CBD strains and high THC strains as it's the only real way to see what works for your personal troubles. For me CBD doesn't do a thing. Not even as good as 2 plain aspirin.
    THC on the other hand stops my pain-cramping cold. Like flipping a switch the pain is just flat out gone.

If your someplace with access to even general street weed you can make a version of my edible oil and not wait for your own first grow to finish and get harvested.

Decarb first to activate it for edible use. Just loose weed on a cookie sheet in the oven.
    240 F for 40 minutes.
    Grind to very fine dust.

5 grams Cannabis. Powdered weed, Hash, Kief, Wax, Shatter, any concentrate. Decarbed.
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil ( any cooking oil works )
    .5 teaspoon Lecithin (any kind)
    Heat 22 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes.
    Done
    Fills about 30 (0 size) capsules @ 150mg with hash. 30mg each with powdered weed.

Edibles are roughly 5 times as strong as the same amount smoked or vaped and lasts 10 times as long.
    It'll take some more experimentation to find your sweet spot with edibles but they are so much more effective and you get way more relief for your money-effort then smoking it does.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Thank you for the suggestion, I'd love to know if it works out for her!
    My partner said people would advise me to stay away from an auto for my first lol but he's an experienced grower and is going to be there to help me along the way so I should be fine!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks, I hope all works out for you as well. Cheers

6. I've tried a few strains that my partner has grown over the years and they've all been high THC, which has always helped me out. I don't smoke and have never tried vaping so cannabutter brownies and oral oils are my go tos. I'm wanting to experiment with high CBD strains with the possibility of having the same or similar pain relieving effects without being so high I can't function properly (long term, I'd like to get back into working whilst still medicating).
    I'll take a little peak at your sub thread now! Thanks for the reply!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. My wife also suffers from endometriosis... after the last few years of testing strains and types of herb and methods, She seems to benefit the most from high THC and low CBD mix. The liquid thc/cbd tinctures did nothing. Eating it didn't do much either. Just strong doses of smoking high thc strains. Best ones so far have been Red Congolese, Girl scout cookies and Kush strains. Shes very active person and it killing her spirit to be unable to get outta bed some days. She cant work either anymore. The pain is too much. I would listen to brassnwood. Im literally doing what he just suggested to you as for the pills. Just waiting on this batch to finish cure.

Sent from my screen to yours!

8. I realize it's not the same ailment. But, my niece has crohn's and she is doing well on Critical mass CBD. I make her hard candies and lollipops. I am currently growing a Nirvana strain called Twenty-Four it is similar to charlotte's web. She is also 19 and goes to college therefore she doesn't want the THC if she can get relief without it.

9. Ideally a low THC strain would be best for me to get back to work with but I'm seeing a lot of girls finding more benefit from high THC strains. Girl Scout Cookies is a strain we've been thinking about growing anyway so that could be a possibility.
    I totally understand her suffering though, and I hope brassnwood's pill recipe helps her out!
    Thanks for the reply

10. If I could get the same pain relief without the THC, I would sell my left arm for it! All I want is to be able to function like a normal human being. I've heard of Critical Mass but not of Twenty-four, I'll do a little bit of digging into that one for sure!
    Thanks for the reply :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 Galaxy420, Jan 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    look into Citicoline... use three to five times more citicoline than the amount of THC consumed to stop THC effects somewhat ... this may allow you to use THC and self adjust / titrate the effects of THC.
    Edit @meanderingweasel
    also, look at the black pepperthread to possibly titrate out from just THC/ CBD combos with other spices ETC . link here Cannabis Black Pepper.
    Bob Melamede has info on citicoline Bob Melamede has info on citicoline at DuckDuckGo

12. I'll take a look into citicoline as I've never heard of it before. And the black pepper thing has me intrigued so I think I'll be doing a lot of reading tonight!
    Thanks for the reply :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. let me know if you have questions, maybe I can help... peace

• Like Like x 1
  14. Does anybody know if Girl Scout Cookies is a good strain for a buzz, but also a bit of pain relief? I'm looking into strains that are maybe not so high in CBD (although that is my ideal) that I can use recreationally but also get some relief from.

15. my best two strains I've tried were grandaddy purple and Cinderella 99 .

16. I haven't heard of either or those strains, but they sound funky thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Can try making your edibles and skip the decarb function and wind up with a THC-a / CBD-a heavy edible that doesn't have much "Stone" to it.

Some users take that route to avoid the heavy stone that most of our preparations are known for. Dozens of ways to prepare the herb and not all come with that full blown stone effect.

You'd need to whip up a batch that way and test to see if they give the relief your after without the side effects.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I make my own capsules without decarboxylation first. It works well for me, without much ^High^ like Brassnwood explained. You can do a trial run by emptying a capsule and filling it with dried herb.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I didn't know you could do that. But I can see the logic. When this crop eventually comes down, I'll experiment with it.
    Thanks!

20. I’ve used all 3 of those strains for pain I quickly grew out of AC/DC,harlequin was amazing but expensive to buy constantly, cannatonic is still a favorite of mine and really easy to find at local dispensaries. Are you in a legal state? If so I’d go grab a few grams of each of those strains to see if they help. Good luck