Any stoner inventors...

Discussion in 'General' started by Mantikore, Nov 23, 2010.

1. ...out there who actually created a new product and went all the way with it? If so, how did it go for you? Did you have the money to start it up or did you have to seek funding? If you had to find investors, how did you go about it?

I am not seeking any kind of patents yet, someone just needs to change my design by like 10 or 15% and be able to manufacture. For my bigger, better ideas, I will. But the ideas I am looking at getting going are quick, cheap, simple things.

A few are related to aquarium/fish keeping. My plan is to make a few to take around to local pet stores and try getting sales. Maybe try to get them to buy 10 to put out on shelves and see how they sell. If it sells right away, I'll start building bigger orders. I'll know how to get proper packaging and labels, so I am not worried about that.

Any personal inventor experiences to share?

2. I got 3rd place in my city science fair :)

3. Was it a good way for you to get product awareness or was this just for the fun of it? What did you do?

4. Considering I was in the 5th grade...

I just strapped some flashlights to some rollerblades (big at the time) and called them 'NightBladez'

If I see this on the market I will hunt you down...

5. Lol, I'll let you keep that one ;)

I had a local businessman reply to one of my ads about investors, but after I googled him, I doubt I should even talk to the guy. Back in 02 it seems he got in trouble for bribery/scamming shit. I guess he had a contract to provide computers for a school when they cost $7,600 each. By the time the school was ready, the price dropped to $1,700 but he still accepted the $7,600. Him and the principal or someone of such were going to split it I guess.

Didn't see anything about him doing jail time for it, just barred from joining some federal E-rate thing for 3 years.

Awesome.