Any Stem Strength Tips??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by herbalgenius311, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Hey guys... i have a few plants that were started on a window sill for a few days (I didn't know better) so the bottoms of the stems are rather stretched and skinny...
    I have them by a fan now and they are beefin up a bit at the top but I was wondering...

Does anyone have any tips for strengthening the bottoms of the stem??

Attached Files:

2. get a fan and blow it on them.

3. He already has one he is asking if there is anything more he can do.

4. Ya I have got a fan now, it definately seems to be helping the new growth but I'm askin if there is anything I could do with what is already there (bottom section nearest the dirt)

5. You could bruise it gently with your fingers, but if you do it too extreme you could kill the plant. Dont squeeze hard enough to make the stem fall over, I don't think its good for a small plant to have to work that hard at that stage. I've never killed seedlings doing it and when I do it with stretchy buggers the leaf growth usually catches up as the stem is healing. If you think about it wind constantly and gently bruises the stems of all plants to make them stronger right?

6. Keep your light source as close as possible to your plants. 1 to 2 inches for fluorescent lights and about 16 inches for HID. And keep a fan blowing on them 24/7. Stems will fatten up this way.

7. All great advice,and the stem will beef up soon.

If your worried that it is too weak, then add steaks for a safety blanket with some room so they don't rely on it till the beef comes.;)

8. thanks all I'll do a little bruising and keep the fan going for now if it comes down to it I'll throw a stake in but I think they will make it with a little help :)