Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any smokers with social anxiety here?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by toke2live, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Hey everyone, first post here. I’m wondering whether there are any stoners here with social anxiety who are able to toke with their friends. I had to give up smoking with my buddies completely because of my anxiety. When I smoke and there are people around I become plain awkward and usually end up not saying a word. I become paranoid and start to think that they are making fun of me or playing some trick on me. This really pisses me off because I love smoking weed alone but I’d really like to light up with my friends once in a while and have a good time. It’s also not like I’m new to the whole thing, I have been smoking for almost a year now. I'm anxious even when I'm sober but weed just makes it 10x worse. Should I just give up on smoking with my friends? :(

2. I was like that when I first started smoking... now after a few years it's mostly gone away. But that's just a side effect of marijuana, being paranoid, the intensity just differentiates. I remember when me and my friends got real high one time, I asked my friend for a cig, I ended up trying to light the other end of the cig (filter), and didn't realize it. I tried feeling the end and it felt like little rocks. I was sure that my friend filled my cigarette with rocks just to play a stupid trick. Wasn't till next morning I realized I had almost smoked the whole filter.

But that was along time ago, mixed with alcohol as well. I just learned to ignore the paranoia that sometimes comes with marijuana these days

3. No, kinda the exact opposite. When I smoke I'm an obnoxious goof. A lot more open when I'm high compared to when I'm sober.

4. It's opposite for me. When I'm sober, I'm always worried about what other people think of me. If they think I'm cool, weird, etc. I don't know talk to people that I don't know. But when I'm high, I become way more open and I socialize more with people I don't even know. It's great. I love you Mary Jane. :)

5. socaily awkward penguin stoners

6. When I smoke with my friends they tell me im like the funniest guy they ever met and stuff. So not suree

7. The more you think about it, the more anxious you'll become. Try not thinking about what others think of you; loosen up man! Just focus on the conversations and you'll be okay, I guarantee it. ;)

8. this thread makes me feel happy to be socially normal lol not being a dick or anything :smoke:

9. Gee, that made me feel much better, thanks... :eek: But yeah you should be happy, most people take social skills for granted yet there are millions of people like me who find it difficult to socialize.

Thanks for the support man, really appreciated ;)

10. Why I smoke I cant stop talking, I just feel like it relaxes me and I have an easier time thinking about things. Not trying to rub it in or anything, try drinkin an energy drink or something.

11. i have social anxiety. smoking made it worse but then i tried mango kush and mango haze and it disappeared (only when im high of course). maybe you have to find the right bud to smoke. mango haze and mango kush are my perfect buds.

12. yeah dude when im high idgaf what people think lol

13. I recently got my doctors reccomendation for medicinal marijuana for having social anxiety and now that I'm able to pick and choose what type to buy, I find that in social situations Indica dominant strains are much better. When smoking sativa in groups I often feel my anxiety become overpowering. Try finding some pure Indica strains and hopefully it would help you find group situations more enjoyable. Best of luck to you

14. Mattafix that is awesome. a script for social anxiety.

I have mild social anxiety (i havent been diagnosed but it sure feels like it!) and i can be good in social situations. but i really have to try hard to keep a conversation going. sometimes i just say 'yes' alot and nod my head because i have nothing to say

15. I have really bad social anxiety sober.

Being high helps it slightly, but still not a lot :(

16. Sometimes when I'm high I have absolutely nothing to say and I don't want to be a part of the conversation then I feel awkward for not talking but I have no desire to. Other times it's the exact opposite.

I guess it depends on your mood a lot of the time.