any seed banks I can us a debit card?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BlockyBlizzle, Dec 17, 2014.

1. #1 BlockyBlizzle, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2014
    I have a citizen bank debit card and due to recent laws UK can't deal with debit cards over the interwebs overseas.
    I'm in the us BTW

2. paypal.. send cash.. etc.

3. didn't answer my question

then you obviously didn't get the hint. no seed bank is going to take debit.

5. I take it you're in the U.S. I just went through this problem too. I could change my bank cards to be used out of the country, but before doing that I was able to obtain a prepaid green dot gold visa off their website that's usable out of the us. I dont remember the exact name of the card its some international card, look on green dots website. A buddy of mine has a prepaid visa gift card that's usable out of the states from us citibank. He's had it for awhile, but just made a purchase 2 weeks ago. The good thing about his card is its reloadable but has no name on it if you're the type to worry. I'm not that concerned, but I know others do

Other then that there's bitcoin(have no experience with), cash, money orders look on their websites or email the seed banks they'll let you know their options.

6. That just isn't true at all, many take debit cards.

You can call your card company and get them to allow international purposes. It has nothing to do with UK laws. As part of post 9-11 legislation, card companies no longer allow international purchases on temporary prepaid cards. The law does not prevent use of debit cards that are registered to you such as bank cards, including prepaid cards that send out a permanent card once you register and verify your identity. Some of the prepaid companies, like green dot may not allow purchases but it is a policy and not due to any laws.

A WalMart money card prepaid debit works fine for me.

7. good luck with that. go prepaid or forever have a tracker on your bank account

8. #8 TinTizzy, Dec 17, 2014
    natures green remedies, holistic nursery, waseedbank (us based)

9. I use bernies seeds they will pretty much take any card. I have used them 3 times always easy transaction. And fast stealth shipping

10. I have used my debit card at Attitude, Herbies, Sea of Seeds, Alibongo, Breeders Boutique

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

...which is how nobody ever got caught anywhere for growing.

I work with bank accounts and huge brokerages for a living. I know what it looks like when someone is being tracked. don't be naive.

13. #13 brixfix, Dec 17, 2014
    Its not the seed banks, its the government and the banks issuing the cards. When I called my bank to inquire about it, they informed me that regulations in the banking industry has changed and now you must give the banks permission to allow your cards to be used outside of the states. Same thing goes with prepaid debit cards. If you look most prepaid debit cards say right on them not valid for purchases outside of the US. That's why if you're going to use prepaid, you have to find one that works internationally. Green dot offers a bunch of different prepaid cards, but only 1 for international use.

but what you don't know is we (banks) forward all of that info to the secret service, the same place where we send fake bills. so be weary of that and protect yourself. listen and heed my words. use prepaid or send foreign.

15. #15 ProGMOII, Dec 17, 2014
    Do not buy from the UK if that is stopping you. most debit cards will be accepted as credit. Your number and CCV code should get you seeds. try Nirvana.

16. prepaid cards are bank accounts issued by banks. They fall under all the rules and regulations of any banking institute. Trust me I know, my ex wife screwed me over on our shared bank account and I had to do all my banking and direct deposits through prepaid until I paid off some crap she had taken loans on, so I checked into it extensively. The cards are not active until the issuing bank has all your information, name, ss#, etc. So what sets them apart?

17. #17 Thicken Dense, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2014

Holy strawman, that has nothing to do with what I said. I already know that every bit of information is stored by some government agency somewhere. That's old news. Now show me someone who got busted that way.

18. #18 InkOnMyFanLeaves420, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    The secret service doesnt track monetary or criminal anything. You looking for the term NSA , Treasury, and the FBI. Occasionally the DEA looks into online purchases on a case by case basis. My wife manages a huntington bank branch. Also For the record debit card purchases dont say ANYTHING about your transdaction. They have a list of code that is provided to determine your order number which is then destroyed shortly after. Your labelling is printed with shippin info NOT order info. International orders have been discreet for years. If your order gets confiscated you cant even be charged because possession of Cannabis seeds is NOT illegal. Germination is. Collecting purposes are 100% legal in the US. So please stop speculating and do some research. Also you are 10-15 times more likely to get arrested for conspiracy by typing the words "secret service" into a computer that for growing marijuana (via public records on criminal complaints in the year of 2014 in the US). So maybe you should switch over to an Onion network and continue your conversation.

Holistic Nursery's phone number goes to some Mexican lady who doesn't speak English and their email address never responds even when dealing with questions from me when I already made a transaction.

They didn't process my credit card for a week and I disputed the charges.  It's a scam.

20. Herbies headshop

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum