Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any scientific evidence that mj helps tourettes?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Andrewyd4038, Oct 12, 2012.

1. I have had Tourette's since a child. I currently use mj instead of what I used to take for the past 5 years (risperadol and lexapro)

I can honestly say that pot does indeed help me. It also helped me get through the withdraws that I suffered from the risp and lexapro (brain shocks, fatigue, and dizziness)

Does anybody have any scientific articles or something that has tests that prove this? It's too bad that you still can't get a green card with Tourette's....

2. Granny will guaranteed have some light to shed on this topic! I'll help by bumping the thread so she has a better chance of coming across it, good luck man and cheers!

Also glad that mj is helping you :bongin:

3. Did someone mention my name? :rolleyes:

Cannabinoids: possible role in patho-physiology and therapy of Gilles de la Tourette syndrome. (abst - 1998)
    Clinical Studies and Case Reports

Cannabis in movement disorders. (abst - 1999) Cannabis in movement disorders. [Forsch Komplementarmed. 1999] - PubMed - NCBI

Treatment of Tourette's Syndrome With Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (letter - 1999)
    PsychiatryOnline | American Journal of Psychiatry | Treatment of Tourette

Science: THC in TOURETTE-Syndrome (news - 1999)
    International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

Science/Germany: Clinical study on THC in TOURETTE's syndrome (news – 2000)

Combined Treatment of Tourette Syndrome with Delta-9-THC and Dopamine Receptor Antagonists (full – 2002) http://www.cannabis-med.org/data/pdf/2002-03-04-9.pdf

Treatment of Tourette's syndrome with Delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC): a randomized crossover trial. (abst - 2002)

Science: THC effective in TOURETTE-Syndrome (news - 2002)

Treatment of Tourette Syndrome with Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (Delta9-THC): No Influence on Neuropsychological Performance (full - 2003) Neuropsychopharmacology - Abstract of article: Treatment of Tourette Syndrome with Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol ([Delta]9-THC): No Influence on Neuropsychological Performance

Delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is effective in the treatment of tics in Tourette syndrome: a 6-week randomized trial. (abst - 2003)

Cannabinoids reduce symptoms of Tourette's syndrome. (abst - 2003)
    Cannabinoids reduce symptoms of Tou... [Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2003] - PubMed - NCBI

Science: THC effective in TOURETTE syndrome in a 6-week trial (news - 2003)

Tourette syndrome is not caused by mutations in the central cannabinoid receptor (CNR1) gene. (abst - 2004) Tourette syndrome is n... [Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI

[123I]AM281 single-photon emission computed tomography imaging of central cannabinoid CB1 receptors before and after Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol therapy and whole-body scanning for assessment of radiation dose in tourette patients. (abst – 2004)
    [123I]AM281 single-photon emission computed ... [Biol Psychiatry. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabinoids In Medicine: A Review Of Their Therapeutic Potential (full – 2006)
    http://www.doctordeluca.com/Library/WOD/WPS3-MedMj/CannabinoidsMedMetaAnalysis06.pdf

Cannabinoids for Tourette's Syndrome. (abst - 2009) Cannabinoids for Tourette's Syndr... [Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

Tourette's syndrome. (abst – 2009) Tourette's syndrome. [Curr Top Behav Neurosci. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

Medical Marijuana and Tourette's Syndrome (news – 2009)
    https://www.marijuanadoctors.com/content/ailments/view/68?ailment=tourette-s-syndrome

Oral Delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol improved refractory Gilles de la Tourette syndrome in an adolescent by increasing intracortical inhibition: a case report. (abst - 2010) Oral delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol imp... [J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

Science: Cannabis effective in the treatment of TOURETTE Syndrome and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) (news – 2010)

Cannabinoids improve driving ability in a Tourette's patient. (news – 2011)

Granny :wave:

4. Mother f*ckin' Granny. lol Gl with your green card and I'm gladd mmj is working for you! :)

5. Here's a video on the subject...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlki3GpFsdI]Effects of Cannabis on Tourette's Syndrome - YouTube[/ame]

6. It is good to know how it helps you and be able to explain to others.

Here is another video OP.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTeagW1XONI]David Bearman, M.D. Cannabis, Cannabinoids - ADD, Tourette's Syndrome, Migraines - YouTube[/ame]