Any saving these?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by greendesert, Dec 30, 2015.

1. I have what's left of an original 50 plants. They looked beautiful up until about 2 weeks ago when we found out that the PH gage we have was giving the wrong reading. We came in one morning to see the leaves had started to yellow which led us to start trouble shooting and find that the PH level of the water was too high. We use alkaline water so we change it all out and PH-downed the water the best we could with the malfunctioning gage, erring on the side of being too low. I was able to get a new tester 2 days later and we changed the water out again and got the PH level where it was supposed to be, between 5.5 and 6.

It's been about a week and they just keep looking worse. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what we can do to save them, if anything. The two of us are new to this and would appreciate any feedback.

I think maybe the files are too big for this forum, I can't seem to upload them. I apologize for the Imgur link.

pics here:
    http://imgur.com/a/F5LTd

2. I noticed a lot of views with no replies. I'm new to the forum and wondering if I broke a rule or if I didn't include enough info. I would greatly appreciate any help from someone who may have dealt with something like this.

3. #3 BudButler, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2015
    i think people just dont want to break the news to you but most of those are already dead the ones that are green can probably recover given enough time but like in truth you might be better off trying again... there isn't a lot of life left in any of them im not a hydro grower so maybe there is something you can do but i doubt it
    <div class="image post-image" data-reactid=".3.0:$7V2L6tt.1">[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]</div>
    [​IMG]

4. I do appreciate that. I was almost certain they were all but lost. I just wanted it confirmed I guess. We'll chalk it up to a loss. Thanks for the reply.

5. maybe 10% - 20% is salvageable . difficult to tell.

6. We're gonna stick with the routine and save what we can, hopefully it's closer to 20%.