Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any Rhode Island people here?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Martingale00, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Hello everyone, I was just wondering if there were any RI or new england med pot users in here. I'm moving to Providence soon. Let's here from ya...

2. I live in Prov.
    Where abouts you moving to?

Im not a medical user, but want to be. I dont even know how to go about it, or what I can even get it for. I've heard depression, which I actually wouldnt even be lying about, but dont you have to try other meds first before they give you weed? And are there gunna be those "cannabis clubs" like they have in cali here? Cause if not I plan on growing soon anyway, fuck a prescription.

3. Hey man, how are ya? I'm moving to the Providence area...maybe more towards Pawtucket. I don't know if Rhode Island will give you a card for depression or not. They will in California but I'm not sure about RI. I know Vermont and Maine only do the "big stuff" like cancer and AIDS but RI does chronic pain. What you'd need is a written letter from a doctor stating that the potential benefits of cannabis outweigh the potential bad health effects and then you have to fill out a form with the dapartment of health and they will issue you an ID card. With that card it allows you and up to two of your designated "caretakers" to grow up to 12 plants and possess up to 2.5 ounces of useable marijuana. Caretakers also need a card from the department of health though. So far I haven't found any "cannabis clubs" in RI. Here's the info from the state...

http://www2.sec.state.ri.us/rules/released/pdf/DOH/DOH_3902.pdf

Would you know anyone who would be interested in starting a club and/or being a caretaker to a med user? You could help out some med users and you can have up to 12 plants per person that you're growing for up to a maximum of 5 people. I'd love to get something going for med users up there. Here's some more info from www.norml.com

RHODE ISLAND SUMMARY: The Edward O. Hawkins and Thomas C. Slater Medical Marijuana Act took effect immediately upon passage on January 3, 2006. The law removes state-level criminal penalties on the use, possession and cultivation of marijuana by patients who possess "written certification" from their physician stating, "In the practitioner's professional opinion, the potential benefits of the medical use of marijuana would likely outweigh the health risks for the qualifying patient." Patients diagnosed with the following illnesses are afforded legal protection under this act: cachexia; cancer; glaucoma; Hepatitis C; severe, debilitating, chronic pain; severe nausea; seizures, including but not limited to, those characteristic of epilepsy; or severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to, those characteristic of multiple sclerosis or Crohn's Disease; or agitation of Alzheimer's Disease. Other conditions are subject to approval by the Rhode Island Department of Health. Patients (and/or their primary caregivers) may legally possess 2.5 ounces of cannabis and/or 12 plants, and their cannabis must be stored in an indoor facility. The law establishes a mandatory, confidential state-run patient registry that issues identification cards to qualifying patients. Patients who do not register with the Department of Health, but have received certification from their physician to use medicinal cannabis, may raise an affirmative defense at trial. The Department of Health has 90 days from the passage of this act to establish rules for issuing identification cards to qualifying patients.

4. ^Good lookin out my dude

Chronic pain eh? I've been having back pains since a youngin and doctors could never figure out why. Its nothing too serious, like it dont inhibit me from working/living daily life, but do you think i'd be possible to convince a doctor i'd rather use marijuana than conventional pain killers?

Within the next year or so I hope to get my own place, and if I could grow legally for me and others in need, that'd kick ass :smoke:

5. Wass good yawl, im in Prov. im from boston tho. a fello medical user and grower but i dont have a Rx. i didnt kno ppl were on here from ri on here so i had ta drop a line.

6. I go to school in prov...hit me up with a PM

7. Bristol and EP. Word, representin da 401

8. im in prov alot, i occasionally go out to lupos or the such to see a show and before my best bro passed on, he used to drag me along to gay clubs (im not gay, but he was...very..)...and we used to pound around that city in high school too...i rent a house near exeter RI, but im in CT...ive been thinkin bout makin the leap over to med...but i really dont know, ive never been affiliated with marijuana on paper before, never arrested, and piss tests always clean...plus i live on water front (i rent from a relative)...i may move..may not...hows living conditions in providence..prices for a two bedroom apartment, prices for a house and the such...taxes and all that jazz...pm me about it you got any answers...that would be spanky (yeah..i said spanky..i know..)

9. From the Attleboro area. Right next to you guys. I wish they had mmj laws in mass.

10. yep, i live in RI. I want to get a med card for my IBS but im not sure how to go about getting one. Im 18 so im afraid doctors will turn me down thinking that im just a kid lookin for pot... but i really do need a mmj card for my ibs... its such a pain in the ass (pun intended).

11. johnson inhales dirty south hall. Smokin on that medi bud from cargivers of ri up in cranston. :smoke:

12. i live in ct and have been recently diagnosed w/ anxiety and depression (ocd in particular). since ive been looking into mmj and states nearby w/ mj legalized for ocd treatment. curios about ri in particular cause its the closest state with medical marijuana laws