Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

any reciepes for fresh ground herb?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by retired2014, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Is there a way to prepare an edible with fresh ground herb without prepping it in the oven or making oil? I'd like to try to make a very simple edible. thanks.

2. Edibles are simple. First thing everyone needs to know: the weed needs to be heated in order for the thc to take effect, you won't get high from eating fresh herb.

With that in mind there are still plenty of things that you can do.

Thc binds with fat, so anything that you can make that requires fat to make (oil, butter of any kind) can become an edible.

If you only have a small amount of weed you can only count on making an even smaller amount of edibles, depending on how potent you want them to be.

Bottom line with your question though, if you dont decarb/prep your herb in the oven, you will have to heat it up some other way.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. You'll need to activate the ganja if you want to get high eating it. Decarbing ganja does just that. 240*F for fourty minutes. With out that step your edibles won't work. The. End.

I usually decarb a couple grams and keep it on hand for single dose edibles. Usually a quarter of a gram of decarbed ganja is enough to get me hammered but I can handle as much as a half of a gram of decarbed ganja in a single dose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Short answer: no.
    Decarb is very, very time/temperature sensitive.
    Long answer: with extensive experimentation, it might be possible to find optimal cooking times that decarb close to optimal when baking fresh herb from scratch. But this depends on recipe, oven, pan size, etc.
    More reproducible is to decarb the herb (240 F for 40 min works well using an oven thermometer), grind to powder, add to any recipe's oil, and then follow the recipe.
    I've done this with betty crocker cookie mixes, and it works very well.
    You can also avoid the cookie step, and just mix with nut butter or nutella, and use.
    Although it might be ok, and others swear by it, I'm a little more skeptical of long cook brownies (such as 350 F for 40 min), which I worry can degrade thc. But I might be wrong.

• Like Like x 1