any reason an auto would stop flowering in the middle of flowering

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by erbn natural mystic, Aug 31, 2013.

1. ok so my auto started flowering on its own around day 28 and kept flowering for 2 weeks, now for the past 3 weeks there has been no progression of flowering...the plant looks exactly as it did 3 weeks ago...i am currently on week 9 and my plant looks like it has only flowered for one week...hairs are still white....it stopped flowering once i switched to 12/12

2. should i just say fuck it and trash it or is it someone else having this problem...the strain is northern lights x big bud auto

3. is it just stunted or is it going back to veg?

4. it hasnt done anything in three weeks...veg, flower, nothing

5. put the lights back to 18/6. its an auto and doesnt need 12/12. your prob not gving it enough light

• Like Like x 1
  6. holy shit you switched lights with an auto? i missed that part haha

7. Can you put up a photo? Having it on 12/12 isn't doing you any favours. You want 18/6 minimum

8. #8 The Egg Man, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2013
    you could also be stunting it in another way.

What and how often are you feeding and or watering?

pH?

9. As this is an auto ...I doubt Goldie if this would shine any light for you....lol

also as this is an Auto young growers should really ask themselves ....What makes it an auto...? and the answer is uselally defined as Ruderalis, which ain't good for sh!t !!

10. while ruderalis is commonly as you put it "ain't good for shit", the combinations that some of these seed banks are doling out are wonders in comparison to what some vets are used to seeing as a ruderalis mix.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Evidently it's worth a lot due to its auto flowering capabilities. If you think it's not possible to fully isolate the auto flower trait without bringing over undesirable traits also then you have a lot to learn about genetics

• Like Like x 2
  12. i will post pics wednesday when i get my phone back but she is about 3 1/2 feet tall...i did add another air stone which seems to have made the roots a little brown...is there s such thing as over aerating the nutrient solution...its in dwc

13. no the more air the better, temperature could be an issue though

• Like Like x 1
  14. In start all my autos 24 hrs for girst couple weeks,then throw them in my flower tent 12/12 to finish.I have done with auto purple,auto cheese berry,royal bluematic,afgan mass,auto hash,and xxl auto pilot,and others you get the drift.I have had great results.I just finished royal queen royal blue matic.It is some of the sexist,stinkyist,suger dipped sky blue awsomness.I recomend all the way easy finished in 55 days.I found this so far with autos that its best to plant from seed in container you will finish 3-5 gallon pot,or grow bag work best.Don't handle them more then you have to.Never take any leaves off,and never feed them more then 1/4 or so strength nutes every 3 waterings.They dont like to much.I have flipped around light cycles before realy drastickly and never had those issues.I have stressed due to heat and had autos go 3 1/2 months but in end they still finished fine.I will say this so far all est. of yeild by any seed company have been compleate bullshit.That blue was a good size auto and ill only get after cure 10-16 g's.I got as free bean so I only grew one I usualy thro in a couple every couple weeks just to have something in between.I don't claim to be auto master but everything I said here I have learned and seen with my own eyes,and I am just trying to help.Autos are relitively new and are not the most stable from even the better breeders.I do believe ware they lack in THC they make up for in high CBD.So it all depends what you want and what your needs are.I have heard people getting diffrent results and better yeilds outside.I havent had the pleasure of being able to try for myself outside yet.I will tell you my friend tryied some of same strains in hydro and it didnt get good results,but i guess that skill might have something to do with it.I hope some of this helps......Irishgreenthumb...