Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

any quicker ways to make cannabutter?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by 33ev, Aug 10, 2016.

1. i was just wondering if theres any quicker ways to make canna butter than the regular double boiling method

i have seen something called the mota pot or easy butter maker which is just a special type of pot/tea kettle looking thing that can make it in like 10 minutes but i dont have the money to buy one right now. any way i can create something like this or another quick way?

2. I don't think you can do it in 10 minutes and achieve good results by any method. The fastest method I know is to use concentrate. Decarb at 240F for 40 minutes or until bubbling stops, then add butter and mix thoroughly. This method takes about an hour. The mota pot doesn't seem like it would work - there is so little time the cannabis is exposed to the butter. MBM takes longer and requires lots of liquid and so lots of cannabis. A decarb step is essential. One of the most important steps is having time to do all the steps. Otherwise just make firecrackers.

3. @33ev
    Decarb enough rough ground bud to fill a shot glass.. Put weed and enough coconut oil to cover it in a shot glass.. Microwave till the oil is medium warm-hot but not so hot you can't pickup the shot glass.. About 220 F is our target but you can wing it for now.. Mash the weed around and microwave a bit more.. Let cool enough to handle and squeeze out the weed with a garlic press.. Eat the oil..
    Adding 1/6th lecithin will double or better the strength of the oil..
    Done in about an hour counting the 40 minute decarb..
    Down, dirty and crude but it's how I did my first tablespoon of canna oil..
    You can use clarified butter or most any oil but coconut oil hits twice as fast..
    [​IMG]
    Stainless dish and a toaster oven outside on sawhorses is how I make most of my oil both weed and hash based.. For amount like this (about a cup) I'll heat it for an hour then freeze and do two more heat and freeze cycles for maximum extraction from my material..
    BNW

• Like Like x 4