any producers out there looking to collaborate?

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by DAVlD, May 7, 2012.

1. i play guitar and rap a bit.. i'm looking to see if there are any producers looking to collaborate with me.. you can just send me a beat or whatever i'll start writing and maybe put some guitar in there and we'll see if we can't make something happen.

2. I'm down...

You got a soundcloud? What DAW do you use?

Check out my soundcloud to get an idea of the type of beats i can create, a lot of it is sloppy but I can make it 100% quantized if that's your thing and you can't follow it

3. #3 DAVlD, May 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012
    i'm not sure what a DAW is but i don't make beats. i just play guitar and rap.

but like waterman that's a dope beat.

i'm saying you could send me that beat over an email or whatever and i'll start writing and rap over it maybe lay down a guitar solo. let me know if you're down you got some dope beats

4. #4 silenceme, May 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012
    Well the DAW is basically the program you record in.

How do you record? Do you know how to properly record guitar....? (distance away from the mic, etc)
    ^^ Those things are VERY VERY important if you get some buzzing or anything it is UNFIXABLE. (to an extent)

I could just make a little beat loop just to give you an idea of the tempo/beat, but once you finish the recording I would go back and make the beat more complex and varied.

You're gonna have to send me the raw guitar files too, if I record a beat and you send me the beat back with guitar over it I can't mess with anything.

I'm down I'll probably make something later today or tomorrow real quick just to lay something down.
    BTW I don't know your email but I could send it to you over GC PM

5. well i'm looking into getting a mic for now i could use the mic on my buddys laptop.

but yeah if you send me the beat i can record over it send you the file for the voice and guitar or whatever and you can mess with it.

i'm just looking to get something down you know

6. Hey David, Ive been rapping for a while.....I would be down to get on a track if you need any other rap artists to throw down....
    I got my own mic and pro-tools....

7. yeah man for sure once we get a beat figured out i'll send it to you and we can figure out where we each wanna go and shit

8. alright, thats wats up...soon as you send a beat, Ill start writing...

9. Well the quality won't be the best but if thats what you got then lets do this!

10. yeah i just looked at my youtube to get you a quality chcek.. and i remembered i have a flip video.. better quality than a laptop mic but it's not HD but it's good.. heres me playing guitar on it

jimi hendrix and stevie ray vaughan cover and my own music - YouTube!

and that's a dope beat man.

switch if you wanna just rap over that beat we can use that one to start. i guess we can just each rap over the loop once and maybe i'll solo over it. then you can put it all together and then we can work on an intro or something.. i'mma download that shit and start writing though good stuff.

11. The quality on that video is workable.....I have some plugins so I can reduce background noise to an extent, but it can easily just make the guitar muddy and not really do much.

Sounds way better then recording from my laptops mic though, not only do you hear the computer....you get a really really loud HISS throughout the entire thing...blehk.

I'm stoked to hear the guitar!!!

12. Sounds good to me:smoke: Ill start writing tomorrow afternoon after I get back from some errands I have to run...
    Any main topic or theme were sticking to here??
    And how bout a hook?

13. yeah man idk i guess we can just think of hook ideas and try to find one then write a verse or something

14. #15 SwichOne, May 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2012
    how bout a smoke song? simple theme....

15. yeah man that'd be easy. we'll talk on sunday or something just get ideas for hooks for now i guess and next week we'll do our verses you know?

16. Silenceme....what kinda sample pack(s) are you using to make your beats? It sounds like they are coming out of like an old radio or something. Like they don't sound ''clear''.

17. Im gonna work on the hook right now, will let you know what I got in a bit to get some input back....

18. alright word sounds good.. and is it just me or is the beat gone now haha

19. shit...for some reason the beat silenceme made is gone........?
    should I pick a new beat?