any pics of afghan seeds?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by swampthing, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Hello all:

Don't know if I'm in the right forum, but here goes:

I am looking for a pic or pics of afghan seeds. Or, if a picture doesn't exist, can someone describe them for me?

I'm looking to ID a strain I grew. I got a couple of seeds off of one of the plants and am interested in finding out what I grew. An indica, some of the top leaves turned purple (not grown outdoors). Tons of trichomes, and the leaf was kind of green in color, but others may think it looks gray purple or gray green. The seeds I got from it are dark brown in color with black banding (not that pronounced).

Or, if there are no pics of seeds, does anybody have a guess as to what it is that I grew?

Thanks in advance.

2. Aww, c'mon. Any seed guru's out there? I know there will be inherent variability in seeds, but is there a general pattern? Are afghan seeds normally dark in color, or light? Mottled or striped? Or do seed patterns not matter at all? :confused:

Or, if looking at seeds is going about it the wrong way, is there another way I can tell what kind of bud I grew? Some of the bud leaves and top fan leaves turned purple; others stayed green. Some of the leaf undersides were purple-green (or gray?) in color. The buds and other bud leaf material was actually a gray-green color. Now dry, the bud looks gray-purple. Plant is an indica - I grew it for 5 months before flowering and it only got to about 3-ft tall (under 250W MH and HPS). My guess is it is a purple strain of afghan, but I have limited experience. It was a seed from a bag I had, and the guy I got it from called it "purple crippler", but I think this is more of an effect than a real strain name. Any other guesses out there?

Thanks ladies and germs.

3. 'Sup dude :wave: Its impossible to identify a strain from a seed. just like its impossible to do so in veg or flower. Do a little research and i bet you'll find some cool info ;). Pics would be nice :) Oh btw, welcome to the city! Loads of info for you to relish in. peace, e :bongin:

4. hey eyes, some people can identify strains during growth. i'm not one of them, but people/breeders who grow certain strains over and over can do it. breeders are pretty good at identifying their gens. you're right though, i've never heard of being able to read a bean.

5. Thanks for the replies. I do have a pic of a dried bud, but its not the best quality. I'll try to post it soon.