Any other tree planters out there

Discussion in 'General' started by AlkaSeltzer, May 12, 2011.

1. Title says it all. Any of you blades plant trees during the summer months? I have been doing it for a few years now, and toke everyday on the cut.

2. like real trees?

3. I plant trees in my bowl, and promptly burn them alive and breath in their spirits.

4. Wow what was i thinking. I should know by now to specify on this site. Yes real trees. like these.

[​IMG]

5. Who pays you?

I've heard of lots of tokers do that because you work at your own pace, get paid by the tree, and have no supervision.

Folks I talked to said its hard work, but that you wander around the forest getting high by yourself.

Does a timber company pay you?

6. Yes I am paid by a large timber company, at a rate of 5.9 - 7.1 cents per tree depending on quality and tree carry distance. With minimal supervision. Though if you really wanna make money you cant get too high, need to be able to focus on the area around you.

7. We have a timber company not too far down the road from me. I might ask if they are hiring for that.

How much do you figure you make an hour?

8. i love japanese maple trees, i have round about 8

9. For a returning planter like myself going at a reasonable pace anywhere from $20-24 per hour. You might need to find a large timber company, not all company's replant what they cut. If not search around for a contractor.

10. I had a field trip on a lab where we did all of the spacing and fertilizer calculations for a commercial planting on a few acres, and then we did it. It was about 95 degrees that day (obviously no shade), I can't say I'd want to do it for a living. I'm all up for urban planting though