any other parents here??

Discussion in 'General' started by brundledylan, Jan 11, 2009.

1. i just had a baby december 12th!! (her name is alice, shes basically the most perfect person ever born)

i was just wondering if there were any other tokers here with kids and how you balance it

2. No, but congratulations anyway. I hear it's a life altering experience.

3. I have a son who is 13 months named Massimo. Family of italians... He stays with his mom at his grandma's house.

4. there a social group for blades with kids

i forget whats its called but if you look im sure youll find it

5. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    damnnnnnnnnn

6. i forgot who took that pic again?

but i saved it already .

7. Fucking awesome. New desktop.

8. oh god!! thats too funny! is that real?

9. yeah its a pic of a blades kid

from the post a pic of yourself thread

i remember his face but not his name...is making me mad now....guess i gotta go back and look for it .

and yeah a bunch of people saved that pic to there comps

pretty epic

10. just had my son at the ass end of october..he never cries for the most part..always smilin:D theres a thread about him a couple of pages back "hes just about the happiest baby ever"

11. Congratulations on baby Alice!!

12. Congrats. I'm a single father myself. Have a 4 y/o boy and have had custody since he was 6 months old. Congrats and enjoy it while you can, it only gets better and better trust me.

less

13. My wife wants to get pregnant, but I honestly don't know if I'm ready. I think I hurt her when I told her that, so that's been eating at me the past few days.

I mean, I'm in the most intense graduate program my school offers, I work 55 hours a week, I do volunteer and charity work, and I still come home and cook, clean, tend to my grow, do my homework, and get a bunch of reading done...plus piss around on here.

Money isn't an issue. We could have 6 kids right this second and money still wouldn't be an issue. I'm only 23; I've been building up what I have since I was 17 when I started college, and I just think it'd be easier to get my life where I want it to be, and then worry about children.

Any of you other parents have any advice for a fellow blade? My wife's away on business, and I've been trying to figure out a way to talk to her about this when she gets back, but I'm coming up short

14. mother here, love my daughter..but i think it would have been better if i waited till i was done with school. totally, TOTALLY, don't have a baby yet. just finish school. i'm predicting it will ruin you if you try now. not to be so blunt, but really. Talk to her about being worried what it would do to you guys maybe, if that's a concern. A baby can really break or make a relationship. Not only that but a baby deserves all the attention a parent can give them. you don't want to miss out on the first years of his or her life becuase you're preoccupied by succeeding in school. finishing college and having a baby are two significant life experiences and should be delt with one at a time...im my strong opinion.

15. i gotta 16m/o girl named bailey. she never cries all she does is smile and is starting to talk more and more everyday......damn i love my baby and her mom.

16. +rep.

17. not my baby ;)

Id say the names of the parents (they are both on gc) but I don't really wanna publicize it.

I just wanted all to see the beauty and artistry of this picture.

18. awww congratulations! my daughter was born on dec. 17 last year <3
    and my daughter has a brother that is three right now.
    when i was younger, smoking was much like a special event that was sometimes planned for but always included more players than just myself or my boyfriend. hah
    but now that i'm older and have to run a household its just what i do, i guess. i don't get to sit and take 15 minute smoke breaks full of fun and giggles...i just run to the bathroom, take a couple hits and continue with my day.

the challenge now isn't juggling when to take a break from the kids to smoke...the challenge is what how much should we allow our son to know about weed and that we smoke it?
    i mean, obviously we aren't going to take him to weed-college or anything, he's only three. but i don't see weed as illicit like many other people, so on one hand i don't really want to necessarily hide it from my three year old...but i don't want him walking around talking about it to family members either.
    to be clear, we do smoke in a separate room to avoid the kids getting contact with the smoke.

19. father of two. indeed those bathroom breaks help me get through the day. lately though it seems the oldest has to take a deuce right after i walk out. the "scary", dark and dinjee basement works well these days.