Any other Libertarians here?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by purplenorange, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Besides myself?
    For those who don't know: Libertarian Party | Maximum Freedom, Minimum Government . If you're too stoned to do the reading, libertarianism, in a nutshell, supports social AND economic freedom (both ends typically a bit more extreme than liberal and conservative views), and advocates as little government as possible for the country to run. This means lower taxes, more individual freedom, a smaller military, and unnecessary govt. programs are de-centralized. Laws are more reasonable - wrongly controlled substances are legalized :smoking:, 4th amendment rights returned to us, personal relationships are not restricted, church is seperated from state (marriage is NOT something the govt. should have any control over), and people are free to do what they want with their own bodies. Restrictions over domestic and international trade are abolished, and entrepreneurship is welcomed. Everything is based on a free market system.
    Libertarian law is based on the idea of 'No initiation of force', which is pretty self explanatory. If you're interested, there's a section about it under "issues" on the party website.

Anyway, anyone else here Libertarian? Party on just independent? Anyone interesting in looking into it?

2. You're in the right place. Look around.

3. Nah, everyone hates ron paul here :D

4. I think 90% of GCity's politics section is filled with Libertarians.

5. Its about 95% libertarian here. The rest are obama supporters for some reason

6. Heh, yeah it's true. 0 percent romney here it seems.

For obvious reasons of course but it's funny.

7. 90% of any politics section likely is, unless it's already a biased political website, but I'd say libertarians, not Libertarians. That's a big difference. I'm a libertarian but don't have any association with the actual Libertarian party, and don't plan to. I will say though, they actually have a really good candidate this year in Gary Johnson.

8. Ron Paul? I heard that old fogeys crazier than a loon! :p

9. I hope the Libertarian party grows bigger and stronger in the future.

10. I've been to the library once.

11. I used to be a libertarian. It's too abstract, that's why I went back to statism.

12. [quote name='"Grizmoblust"']I used to be a libertarian. It's too abstract, that's why I went back to statism.[/quote]

Yeah. Freedom is for hipsters. It's just a fad, they'll crave regulations and limited rights soon enough :)

13. Any librarian chicks here?

14. [quote name='"Mairuzu"']

Any librarian chicks here?[/quote]

Liberarian chicks are so hot right now...

15. You don't say?

16. You mean these?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4lyv9R0ODU&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Liberian calendar Girls Video(Liberianfaces.com) - YouTube[/ame]

Not really sure what it has to do with Libertarians, or Librarians for that matter...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPfawBUfNuU&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Stop Daydreaming about Hot Librarians-2 - YouTube[/ame]

:D:wave: Hell-O nurse! :laughing:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2yJ-VaMDYs&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Animaniacs - Hello Nurse! - YouTube[/ame]

17. Libertarians? Like Liberal humanitarians?

:confused:

18. All Libertarians in the politics forum that have a FB account, like this page, it's new, but got some great stuff...

Am I libertarian? | Facebook

;):wave: