Any other insomniacs out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by JollyRoger227, Dec 4, 2007.

1. what kind of car did you end up getting?

2. Im not an insomniac, I just don't sleep.

3. I agree, im much more a night person.

Its looking like a 2000 Hyundai Elantra.. but nothing is finalized yet... worst comes to worst ill end up with the Elantra.

But it could end up being a 2001 Saturn L200.. doesnt sound nice, but its beautiful.. its all leather and fully loaded.. whereas the Elantra is a base model.

but the Elantra is 4,000 sticker.. and the Saturn is 7,500 sticker.. so we are playing the number game.

4. Getting moved to days or afternoons at the end of this month not sure what one yet. Last midnight job wasn't bad only about 3 - 4 other workers so could do whatever and no one would see you. lol It was just at Zellers and i worked the toy department over night, Spent so much time messing around with the new toys.

5. As an owner of a saturn, and not by choice, I really don't recommend them, mine is a '99 and the transmission died in 2004. It's been nothing but an expensive POS since the day I inherited it :p I liked my subaru much better

6. toy department over night? Now that sounds like a fun job! I've never seen a toy store open that late :p

7. My first car was a 500$ subaru XT6, fucking beautiful car and extremely rare.. I LOVE subaru's.. but they are a little more expensive than im looking to spend really.

Thanks for the heads up on the saturn.. i think im going to stick with the elantra.

the elantra is 150ish a month for 2 years... but 110,000 miles
    the saturn is 210ish a month for 4 years... only 54,000 miles

8. Nope. Wasn't open all night, Just came in after the store was closed to re-fill every thing again before they opened back up.

9. Well some cars can live forever, my subaru was a '92 and it almost had 300k miles on it, and it still had the originally transmission and engine and all that shit, the transmission went in 2005 and we sold the car because we couldn't afford to fix it and I was going to get the saturn, which was newer looking so I didn't wanna fix it, I miss my subaru every day I see it drive by me, it still runs in excellent condition!

If I can save up the money I'm gunna buy another one, they're really good cars, and they just don't die. I beat the shit outta that car, and it still was good to me :)

110k miles isn't bad depending on how much you drive around, there weren't any other cars that you liked in your price range?

10. that's even BETTER lol :D

11. not really... they said they were getting 2 more hyunda's tomorrow.. so i might look at those.. and those are supposed to be priced between 4,500 and 7,000.

But the Elantra really isnt all that bad.. and it has heat in it.. which my other car didnt (thats why i was trading the buick for)

12. Well hyundais have improved in the last few years from what they were, but hell yah for heat, ALWAYS a positive, although IDK how cold it gets where you live, but I'd be screwed without heat in NE.

Some days you need the heat AND the A/C so you always need both working :p

I want an automatic car starter for xmas so I don't have to walk thru the snow to warm up the car in the am on really bad days

13. Well im in Ohio.. it gets pretty cold here.. last winter i was in the army, so i really didnt have too much of my winter in ohio.. but this year, im just not feeling freezing my ass off every time i want to drive somewhere.

14. LOL I hear that, Ohio was an interesting state to drive through, went from cities to nothing but coooorn :p

15. Yeah, Ohio is pretty gay.. its a pretty good place for working though.

Im pretty sure im moving out west or southwest here at the end of May.. perhaps Colorado or Arizona.

16. well colorado would be a better choice in my opinion. Arizona is way too fucking hot, I could never live in that area, I'd shrivel up and die :p

17. Totally agree with that. I'm fine with rain most of the year round. :p

18. see, i hate the rain.. rain is soo depressing to me.. im cool with sunshine.. its 2007, i can afford AC.

19. i would hate arrizona. but the best place to live is the good ol kentucky

20. I am very very nocturnal. I prefer the night so much more in general. :D

[​IMG]