Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any other diabetic smokers?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by shadowstorm, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Hey i dont know about you other diabetic smokers but my glucose levels never drop low enough to cause low blood. so i dont have the munchies while high ever, its almost like it has the effect of a appetite suppresent as weird as that sounds lol. Nothing but positive things on my health tho, insulin resistance dropped quite a bit, doctor took me off glaucoma eyedrops(alfagan), and ive lost 20 lbs. Just sharing my medical experience

2. Yeah, dude. I don't have full blown diabetes, but I do have a problem with insulin resistance. My doctor thought I was crazy when I told him I actually lose weight while medicating with MMJ. I went to see my doc last month, and he was very surprised to find out I had lost 70 lbs. since my last visit in April of 2008! :)

3. No munchies for me either. On insulin 25 years.

clinton

4. Type I or Type II?
    Type I here and although I don't get the "munchies" I have noticed that MJ does drop my sugar level slightly and I do have an incredible appetite. (Which is great, as I had lost a lot of weight from my Crohn's and its all back now!) :smoke::hello:

5. type I it also decreases my blood glucose by about 50-100 points when smoked i here its different from person to person tho

6. Any idea what strains you smoke that give you the biggest drop?

BTW your post is good information to me. You are the second person that I've run into that sees sugar drops that is a type 1.

The other person had her insulin pump stop using insulin. Slowed down and then stop.

Type 2 diabetics have been able to get off insulin shots.

Diabetics get the most effect when it is eaten instead of smoked.

And, of course, all results of mmj are strain dependent.

But please .. what kind of weed are you smoking?

7. Hey guys, i was diagnosed with type 1 about 3 months ago, doing great so far, used it along with my anxiety to get my med card, best investment ever haha. Since i started "medicating" daily, i do not take very much insulin at all, before i was doing it about 5 times a day, and i stopped using my prozac (anxiety med). Wish everyone happpy health and good smokin!:smoke: