Any opinions on this newbies first grow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by badaudio, Dec 21, 2008.

1. #1 badaudio, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2008
    Hey everyone this is my first post on here, didn't think I was going to ever use this account for anything other than being able to look at you guy's awesome grows. But here I am. Well here's my only plant, I pray that it will be a girl. I've been growing her since about the end of October, I've had some problems with her, I was over watering her for a long time, so that may have stunted her growth. But she's a fighter and after I solved that problem her growth skyrocketed. I'm also trying my attempts at LST, don't know If Im doing it right or not, but it seems to be working. Along with the 12/12 method from seeds. But anyway take a look at her( Ill keep calling it her in hopes that will better my chances of actually getting a girl!) any comments or tips on how or what I should be doing would be helpful, thanks!

P.s. Im using 3*23watt cfl's I don't know their color temperature. And I will not be adding anymore, so suggestions regarding more lights, I politely refuse.:)

[​IMG]

2. Looks reasonably healthy, is that twisted stem from going 12/12? I've never tried it right from the start...

3. It looks healthy but I think you should have propped it up a while ago. If you stiil can, without breaking the stem, try and stand it up more straight with some bamboo tied next to it.

4. Thanks for the input, but how straight should it be, I don't have alot of head room, in my makeshift box, about 3-4 inches before it hits the lights.

5. It's called LST. There is nothing wrong with the plant. The stem looks strong. No offense to the comment above, but he obviously doesn't understand the technique you are attempting.

Looks good badaudio. You may want to get some of those big fan leaves out of there. But other than that, looks good.

Good luck.

6. Ah, thanks man. I thought that was like some part of LST. So It'll actually be better if I got rid of some of the fan leaves? How much should clip off? I don't want be hurting the plants ability for photosynthesis.