Any opinions on these two fans?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pass the pipe, Jan 14, 2014.

1. What types of hoods are you hooking these up to? Most come 6 inch or 8 inch right?

a cheap 6 inch fan on ebay runs pretty much the same price, with advertised 440 CFM. Are you using this stricly as an intake fan, or do you plan on exhausting with it?

2. neither. type in ventech fans on amazon. I use their fans all the time they work great and seem to be cheaper. you can even get them as a component system with a carbon filter for a great price

3. I'm also using a VenTech 4" 190cfm inline fan with matching carbon filter for my 3x3 tent (although I do not run a cooled light so it's purely exhaust/odor control) and so far the thing has held up great and done a superb job. I think I paid like $90 for the fan and filter combo from amazon.

That's what I was going to say. I already have the vent+scrubber in my shopping cart soon as it gets time to set it up I will be purchasing the same brand. 440 cfm.

If he is using this fan for fresh air intake I would recommend the smaller one, but if it's for exhaust/odor control you definitely want a bigger fan with some carbon filters attached