any one care to take a listen to my band?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by BongBassed, May 29, 2010.

1. its like a funk reggae hard rock punk mix, call it hardcore dirt-funk if u must

2. Its alright, some of its good. Like all beginning bands, it seems as if you yet to find your sound. Work on it, it might even find you.

3. bass sounds good man

4. thanx for listenin, were not really 'trying to find our sound' tho, the sound we have changes from song to song and depends on the song, if anything were trying to create a new sound

5. Exactly, eventually you'll find one that works best.

6. #7 BongBassed, May 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010
    i like our sound now, its evolved from more mellower reggae rock to harder funk rock. i think most of the diversity of sound is more from the difference in recording quality from song to song. personally i dig the low-fi sound but realize now most people dont. you can only do so much with a 8 track and three mics haha. but we re-recorded the latest batch of tunes with better quality but im still waiting for the cd to put them online.

7. Must be in love is sick lol, sounds like a modest mouse song almost

8. thanx man, thats our newest song, we re-recorded it last weekend. im just waiting to get a copy to put it online

9. this is like a year old stripped down version with our old drummer on hand drums

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsCb06enoK4]YouTube - The Jungle[/ame]

10. thanx for listenin man, i like your guys' laid back sound, its relaxingly trippy. we should make a thread dedicated to gc user bands, we all could use the exposure. us struggling artists need to band together, network and expose our fans to one another, keep jammin man. lets try to convince the big wigs here to start a independent grasscity record company haha

11. thanks man, we don't even try to make our music sound a certain way, it just happens