Any of you guys ever join the military?

Discussion in 'General' started by Alphå, Jan 16, 2007.

1. I'm considering military for 4-6 years to pay for a degree/get some cash.

I like the idea of being on a ship in the navy because of all the semen.

I mean, I like the idea of being on a ship because there really isnt anywhere to spend all your money (especially on pot)

2. I've always repsected anyone who uses the military/navy to better themselves or to pay for college. If you want to I would go for it, that's what the military is there for.

3. well actually on the carriers they have mini-malls

4. I Was in the army myself.

5. God damn capitalists.

I want to join more then just for myself. I want to support my country (not necessarily the ape we have for a commander in chief). Two birds one stone.

6. I hear ya homie. I have been thinking a lot about joining the army after I get out of college so I can become a officer and the army because of the 40k signing bonus :hello:
    If you join the marines you get a t-shirt and a sticker :rolleyes:

7. If u want to pay for college go ROTC. They will pay for college and you do 4 years after you graduate as an officer which means more rank and pay. I was Air Force myself.

8. 2 of my Boyz are in Brittish Paratroup Regiments and they love their work/life. It aint for me, but if you feel that its the right choice for you then go for it all in! I have BIG respect for anyone who is willing to fight for their country. Jus make sure its not for you, and watch your back.

9. never trust anything a recruiter says. shit my first day in bootcamp, my DI said to the whole platoon, If your recruiter lied to you step forward. Everyone in the barracks stepped forward.

10. Good on ya bro. Being overseas is also like that with the saving money. I got hazardous duty pay and it was all non-taxed since i was in-country

"Drill instructors are not allowed to strike recruits" :rolleyes:

that was my personal fav

oh yeah, i was Marines.. boot camp at Parris Island, SC

11. Well you couldn't have picked a better time to join the military

12. go to school to be a merchant marine

13. because as we all know...every single member of our armed forces is currently in a combat zone

give it a break man, let him do his thing.

14. No, I'll handle this one.

170,000 troops in Iraq.

About 9 million total in our military.

Only 3000 have laid down their lives so far.

You do the math.

15. 9 MIllion?? Nah man...closer to 1mil. if we had 9 mil we would have already invaded Iran, North Korea, Syria.....plus our Baffoon of a president wouldnt have had a hard time pulling 20,000 more troops.

I was in the Military for 7 years. Liked it, didnt love it. But it has some real good points. Money for college, serving your country, some of the closest friends you'll ever know....Its completly up to you man, just realize its a commitment and good luck.

16. semen huh?

17. if you really wanna do it then id say go for it

myself , ive thought about the scottish infantry , still thinking.

18. I really like the "there is strong" and then there is "army strong." sure, you can work out, do whatever and get buff. the army drains your and trains you mentally(i dunno bout grunts). and the whole team work and trusts stuff. it's good vaules, but i most likely wouldn't want to go there after high school, maybe after i get my dagree? i really don't know. it's just an idea...anyone happen to know of a 'training' place that is almost like the army without the commitment/going into war ^^?

19. no one even caught the joke

my brother was in the army, he went to iraq for 2 years. hes doing well now

some of my friends are in the army, and theyre stationed in germany

makes me think about if i want to join or not because of the money/and the values

20. 6yrs in uncle sams canoe club