Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any of you blazed as a kid

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by stoned42, Aug 29, 2012.

1. I would imagine doing any sort of drugs when your young might impair you , But i dunno im not a scientist just sayin i could believe that.

2. Shit... I have tests memories important to me :( I blaze like once a week though

3. Yeah but if you used it as a kid it could "damage" you permanently

4. I would imagine if a kid got high rather thank drunk there would be much much less damage

5. Burn "The Union: The Business Behind Getting High" to a DVD, and tell him to watch it sometimes, because you believe his views on cannabis are way off and are not in tune with any scientific findings.

6. Hed probably say its bias stoners stuff but I finally convinced him "skunk" (dank) is not bad for you because hash has always been around and that has a higher THC level and its the same side effects as bud

7. Just because someone is 18 doesn't mean their body is completely finished developing... Everyone is different. I honestly believe it has different effects of everybody. I have friends that smoke every day all day and theyre fine.. But me on the other hand, my mind gets foggy and I can never process anything clearly unless I'm high.

8. I believe it. I mean common sense deeply declines in people who smoke all day long. That's why I only toke at night. I have so many friends who are completely oblivious to everything and braindead because they smoke 24/7.

9. Well I've been blazing on and off for about 20 years and I didn't have an iq issue just a laziness issue I think these guys are confusing being stoned and lazy with being stoopid and ignant and isn't it funny that all these experts supposed experts I say. Say that marajuana is bad mmkay but haven't even tried it out for them selves or if they have they had a bad time on it so they condemn it horse shit if you ask me people have been smoking pot for bloody eons and these governments say its bad like 50 years ago wow I guess history is stoopid and ignant too lol just my Opinion

10. When Im high I cant think properly and have shit memory
    btw when you feel your heartbeat while your high and have closed eye visuals as well as feeling lighter but not bothered to move and lots of things funny is this sativa or indica?

11. I couldn't even tell you.. I know Indicas are stronger for like couch lock and laziness, more of a body high, and sativas are a more head, energetic high.

12. Cannabinoids are cannabinoids.

13. And apples are apples?

14. #34 grape tomato, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
    I probably could have worded that better; Mammal neuron networks use cannabinoids (specifically Anandamide) as neurotransmitters.

Do you ever feel hungry during the day? Those are your brain's endocannabinoids making your nervous system know it is hungry. Nothing about these signals change throughout your life, there is no difference between how an infant would respond to cannabinoids and how a fully grown adult would respond. The brain responds to THC through the cannabinoid receptors, its a very natural process.

15. Don't worry guys, 'Reefer Madness' has just hit NZ (and unfortunately Australia, as well) a bit later than the rest of the globe. :p

Mainly, because they are currently in a battle, trying to tighten their cannabis laws, due to the only slightly-less-recent 'Skunk Scare' craze going on in the UK, where the cannabis laws in NZ and Aus have been a bit more lax up until now...

It's convenient how, prior to now, they were boasting how harmless and beneficial cannabis is..... but currently, with their new legal system and attempts to over-criminalize cannabis, it's suddenly becoming demonized again. ;)

---

Keep in mind, this same 'study' of only 1,000+/- people, also claims that cannabis users are over four times as likely to be violent as non-users, and that we're over twice as likely to be violent, as alcoholics, and as people suffering from psychosis...

These are the folks performing the test... and of the 1,000 or so people in the study, less than 27% have admitted to cannabis use.

That's around 270 people.

They're studying a smaller number of cannabis users, than for instance the number of kids in a single class in some high schools. But I guess it's a bit better than that other recent study on only 33 people where they were trying to prove cannabis caused 'smaller brain development', performed (I believe), in Australia. :p

Dunedin Multidisciplinary Health and Development Study

Let's also remember that the only cannabis users they're studying, are those 'short-sighted' enough to admit that they use it, while taking a government funded and well-recorded survey, where recreational use is punishable... which could be indicative of an IQ issue, in and of itself. :p

Besides that we're apparently four times as violent as non-users, and twice as violent as alcoholics, this same study also determined that it found "a link to psychosis in cannabis users", because a whopping 3% of people who use cannabis, eventually develop psychological issues...

This study, is where the official suspicion (beyond blind assumptions) stemmed from during the early 2000's, and why people worry about it today.

"When they were 18, 27 per cent said they used cannabis at least once a month, some every day. By the time they were 26, 3 per cent overall had developed some recognised psychosis: 1 per cent had schizophrenia and 2 per cent had milder conditions. " - Dunedin Multidisciplinary Health and Development Study

But 3%, also happens to be the same exact number that humans in general, whether they use canna or not, are at risk for developing psychosis... some 'link' they found, eh'?

And keep in mind, the Denedun Study's 'bar' for psychosis was set relatively low.. if you were in the smokers group and you were lazy, or couldn't hold a job well, or if you were a bit shy, it counted towards psychosis during their testing. :rolleyes:

And a real study on general human psychosis...

Psychosis Affects Three Percent of People During Lifetime | Mental Health Directory

"Psychosis affects about 3 percent of people during the course of their life. Executive Director of NAMI, Michael Fitzpatrick, says these individuals and families often experience high levels of isolation and hopelessness.
    NAMI Medical Director, Dr. Ken Duckworth, says psychosis is a symptom and not a diagnosis. It can be intermittent, transient, short term or part of a long-term condition such as bipolar disorder, major depression and schizophrenia, and usually involves delusions or hallucinations, stated Duckworth. "

In short (TL;DR :p ) this IQ article is linked to a several decade old study, that in part is funded by the local government... and conveniently, they only begin twisting their findings to discover 'problems' with cannabis, every time the government sets their eye on increasing penalties for cannabis use. ;)

Just some food for thought. :)

16. i didnt smoke until i was 21 on the dot, and i can honestly say weed has only expanded my thinking/understanding and empathy toward all life and it did so rapidly and measurably. Cant say how it effects others minds pre or post developed brain i personally "unfortunately" can no longer be effected by a possibility of developmental issues :p

17. i started blazing when i was 11yrs old lol

18. Thanks :)

19. So what your saying is, if a 1 year old smoked till they where 18 their IQ and mental health would be the same as if they didnt?

20. Lol seriously? Did it affect you or your education?