Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any of you blazed as a kid

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by stoned42, Aug 29, 2012.

1. BBC News - Young cannabis smokers run risk of lower IQ, report claims
    Damn!

I was watching BBC with my dad, this comes on, he believes this bullshit and actually thinks all cannabis smokers are stupid and says "I have no time for crackheads" wow, I try to explain alcohol is worse but he says its a different thing and doesnt mind if I get drunk, plus something about skunk comes on after about it being worse (strong weed/dank), damn I thought he was liberal about this, good thing he doesnt know I smoke!

2. 1 report claims.

3. Man, I heard the exact same thing on the CBC today, it's like the BBC but Canadian.

4. i heard it on bbc America..... um i thought you were 20 though..... and you STILL live with them holy fuck

5. I keep hearing this, I take it with a grain of salt because this could be more propaganda, anyone have a non biased study of this? I've been smoking since I was 12 :eek:

6. any of you tired of hearing this shit? jk

7. man if cannabis makes me less intelligent, I just wonder how smart I would've been if I hadn't smoked....i probably could've gotten a 5.0 gpa

8. I blazed from about 15-19
    I feel ok though :|

9. #11 grape tomato, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2012
    Cannabinoids are neurotransmitters. The brain uses them naturally from birth. If neurotransmitters were harmful to children, they would all grow up with a low IQ.

10. Nope retarded, guess its from smoking the herb, so I still gave you different sources oh shit my bad, so its one source, it could be right also how can I convicnce my dad weed is good, he doesn't know I toke and hed probably disown me and kick me out of the house cause he thinks stoners are junkies after this :(

11. Really, so you could say cannabis is a natural high (like sex) :D

12. Well one neurotransmitter involved in sex is oxytocin. They are essentially the same thing (both neurotransmitters, not the same chemicals), the neuron's reactions to them are just different.

13. I'm an on/off everyday smoker for about 2 years since I was 16. The only deficit I've noticed is my short term memory kind of messes up and focusing can become a little difficult. And when I take long breaks from it everything returns to normal. Don't believe everything you hear D:

14. A measly 8 points. My iq is already in the upper 96 percentile(128), 8 points ill give the rest of these lames (sour sobers) who just love to hate the budro beezy, so they can cath up.

15. I'm going to college for a Computer Science degree, I"m pretty sure my IQ hasn't been lowered over the last 2-3 years I've smoked lol.

16. Lmfao, I know right? We'd all be regular day Einstein's. Guess we are depriving the world of our awesomeness XD

17. "It is such a special study that I'm fairly confident that cannabis is safe for over-18 brains, but risky for under-18 brains."

I could believe that.

18. [quote name='"InitialToke93"']"It is such a special study that I'm fairly confident that cannabis is safe for over-18 brains, but risky for under-18 brains."

I could believe that.[/quote]

That's the new ploy, its safe if ones over 18. More like it is acceptable if ones over 18. What when fully grown does the body develope antibodies that miraculously stop deteriation of iq scores and the closely correlated brain cells?