Any NY blades seeing Riders on the Storm Tomorrow?

Discussion in 'General' started by roshiee, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Anyone else going to the FREE show in Lockport, Ny tomorrow to see the riders?

2. Shit man, I am in NYC, I would love to see them though.

3. I've never heard of them, are they like a Doors cover band or something?

4. yeah they're pretty good if you dig the doors

5. Ehh, it's Ray Manzarek (organist/pianist for The Doors), Robby Krieger (guitarist for The Doors), Brett Scallions from fuel sings, and a couple other people on bass, drums, etc. It's going to be sick either way though. Krieger and Manzarek are legends.

6. is ray manzarek in that band? one of my old gym teachers knows him cuz he lives in the same town as me. lol Dont hear much about him though.

7. Around 2 years ago I saw a Doors tribute band in some small town that is like a hour north from NYC. I forgot what they were called though. They were pretty good. I love The Doors.

8. Yeah The Doors are my all time favorite band, so I'm pumped to see Riders on the Storm...I think The Doors are underrated though man. I think they would have become more popular if Jim was still alive and performing though, but one never knows :rolleyes:

9. Ahhh the show was insane last night! Second row (well pretty close to first but that's another story haha)...They played so many great songs, tons of people, and I was surprised at how much Brett sounds like Jim :hello:

10. Awesome dude.