Any more Vegetarians? what is your favorite munchie snack?

Discussion in 'General' started by wahman, Jan 10, 2008.

1. ok. it seems like there are no many vegetarians. so I am hoping to get some vegetarian blades' ideas. what is realllly good shit to eat after you smoke. that doesn't have meat in it. but I don't wanna exclude, what about you omnivores what do you like to eat(this has been posted but you are welcome to tell me what you eat)

I usually do pizza, chips, veggie burgers, fries, some sort of meatless soup, bread, couscous, fancy cheese(fancy party) haha. i've had some other stuff. falafel. veggie samosas(hella good), rice with potato and broccoli curry. so yeah. come on people.
    :hello:

2. all the Indian snacks :D

3. Any fruit (fruit salad??), a really good ceasar salad, celery with peanut butter, french onion soup, etc etc.

I personally eat meat, but ithink i could live without it, if it came down to it.

4. fruits, chips, pizza's awesome too (pizza with pineapple kicks ass!!!)

5. ^^^ hella. I didn't know I liked pinapple on pizza till this summer when some people refused to buy just cheese. and they wanted hawaiian so no meat on that one was the agreement. and it was awesome. haha

6. I was vegetarian for about two years and I lost 80 pounds during the first four months.

I still enjoy many vegetarian foods such as:

Falafel
    Eggplant w/fried tofu and garlic sauce dish from Panda Express (VERY GOOD!)
    Pad Thai w/ tofu
    grilled cheese sandwiches

I could go on and on....

7. I was a lacto-ovo veg for 10+ years, still fucking love the food though.

Morningstar farms is the shit, they have vegan McRibs!!
    Chik patties rule, especially the spicy ones
    Dried soy beans are good, they come in different flavors like BBQ and ranch
    Indian food is the GREATEST, still my favorite food to this day. Malai Kofta = pwntacular

8. Woah man. I didn't know vegan McRibs existed. I shall try them. thank you. I shall go on a quest for vegan ribs. haha

9. I'm not reeeeally a vegetarian but I eat mostly veggie and I loooove to cook so I'm the queen of delicious snacks. First of all-- a shameless plug for Trader Joe's... It's cheaper than the regular grocery store by my house, it's absolutely delicious, all of the cashiers are stoney-lookin dreadlock rasta sexy boys, hahaha. So my fridge is always stocked with all kinds of shit from TJ's and they are the authority on tasty healthy snacks!!

I like to cut up zucchini and eggplant and put it in a pan with some balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Cook it up till it's nice and warm and then put some parmesean cheese on it. SO GOOD!

Also, breakfast burritos with a couple of eggs or egg-whites, veggie-sausage, hashbrowns, and cheese. The hashbrown patties and veggie-sausage go on a plate in the micro for a minute, then flip, and another minute. Then toss those in a pan with the eggs and cook it all together... throw some cheese on it and wrap it up in a tortilla... BOOOOMB! (**TJ's has handmade burrito-size flour tortillas that will make you question any previous experience you've had with any other types of tortillas**)

You can also cut the tops off some bell peppers and clean out the seeds and then cook up some rice or couscous. Then you stuff the couscous (with some onions and tomatoes and garlic or something) into the bell pepper and cook it in the oven at... let's say, 420 degrees for like half an hour. It's well worth the wait time. TAAAASTYNESS!!

Lots of places sell frozen edamame (soy beans, for those that have been living under a rock in the midst of all of this pro-sushi mayhem) that you can just stick in some boiling water for only five minutes or so. Throw some sea salt on those suckers...

Pizza bagels are a dank switch-up from regular pizza, and you can just do 'em in the toaster oven pretty quickly.

I really like black bean and cheese burritos. They're ridiculously easy and it's entertaining to get super irie and experiment with adding stuff. Surprising but delicious is smearing hummus on the tortilla before you throw on the beans and cheese. Salsa's on obvious one... uhh, tstasiki (sp?) sauce... its that white sauce that comes with greek food. You can buy it at TJ's and maybe the regular grocery store too.

Avocado and crackers... with some balsamic vinegar becuase the acid cuts through the avocado and is a party in the mouth area.

Cucumber and hot sauce!! SOOOO EFFING GOOD.

--------------

Jeez, the list could go on forever. I'd rather you all just come to my house and I'll cook you some tasty treats!! :]

****OH!!! and wahman, you say you like fancy cheese... my favorite favorite favorite kind of cheese is Dubliner Cheese. It's an Irish cheese that goes super good with slices of green pears and crackers. My favorite kind of crackers are "Everything" crackers from Trader Joe's. They taste like an everything bagel because they have garlic, poppy, sesame, and caraway seeds baked into the top of them.

......fuck. Now I'm hungry!!

10. falafel. no doubt.

11. dude. thanks. I will try cooking some of that stuff. me and tortillas are good ol friends. haha. I am mexican so since I was little tortillas have fit in my daily diet quite well. except for the past year since meat went with tortillas most often. haha. but I still eat em quite often. man. you know what's good. steamed beets with oranges. haha. I tried it randomly cus I wanted some healthy vegetable and some yummy fruit. and I was like. man.. holy shit this is good. haha.

12. [​IMG]

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

13. wow. that is gross. haha. really. I mean seriously that bacon looks gross as hell man. I am not disgusted by meat. it makes me really sad. and kinda mad sometimes. but really I'm not gonna cry, haha.

14. TOFU!:hello:

15. dude. tofu and veggies man. seriously. tofu is awesome. I had some yesterday with some carrots, broccoli, red bell pepper, chickpeas, some other vegetables. my mom made it for me. haha. only thing I can make with tofu is some hella good stirfry with a bunch of random vegetables and eggs. haha. yeah.

I also like the eggplant with fried tofu and garlic sauce from Panda Express. but last time I got a stomach ache. haha. meh. I'll try it again. one day.

but that indian food man. yeah... good times. good eats.