ANY metal or rock fans MUST

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by slatanic, Nov 7, 2009.

1. listen to DOWN while your smokin

check out the songs stone the crow, three suns and one star, bury me in smoke, hail the leaf, and lifer

you wont be dissapointed :metal:

2. Yes, indeed. I own NOLA, so I can attest to this.

3. i only listen to rap but linkin park is cool i used to love them... same as soad

4. Yeah i remembered that Phil anselmo went off into that group after the whole pantera feud.

man i miss pantera(dimebag!) awesome band. I like Down. Damageplan is awesome too.

5. i saw Down with Weedeater and the Melvins.

6. Meh, Down sucks IMO. It also doesnt help that Phil Anselmo is a shitty singer and a mega twat

7. I actually think Down is ok but agreed on Phil Anselmo being a twat (I think he's a decent singer to an extent).

The singer for my band actually made him cry. He lives in New Orleans so its not that uncommon for people to see him around, and my friend and some others saw Phil at some show. I can't remember the show but all my friend said when he saw him was, "Honestly dude, no offense or nothing but I kinda thought Pantera sucked." That was it. Phil Anselmo just broke down and started wailing, "DIMEBAG WAS MY BROTHER!!! HE WAS MY FUCKING BROTHER MAN!!!"

I would not of believed it if there weren't two other people there to attest that it actually happened. They then gave him a cd of a project they were working on at the moment thinking, "Eh, worth a shot." Phil Anselmo was saying, "You guys gave this CD to the right guy! This is going places!!" They said he then proceeded to give him the most awkward hug he's ever been given ever. He said it borderline groping.

But as far as his music goes he's alright. Alright being the operative word.

8. Down's pretty good. Doesn't compare to getting high to Vulgar Display of Power, though.