Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any Medical Patients in Illinois?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by IntotheWoods, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Hi, I have a qualifying condition and my doc is helping me go through the application process right now and I was wondering if anyone else has a card in IL, especially the Chicago area? What happens after you're approved/how long-ish did it take after your doc submitted everything?

2. Hi! I'm near Springfield but it works the same in Chicago. The website says it takes 30 days for idph to process your app and send your card. When I called them after the 30 days, I was told it takes 45 WORKING days. The employee told me they received my app on 04.25.17. I received my card 06.12.17. I hope that info helps.

3. That does help! Is there any reason that they would deny someone as long as they have the signed diagnosis of qualifying condition from a doc you have a relationship with, fingerprints, passport photo, multiple proofs of residency, and of course the specific recommendation for cannabis? The doctor I'm working with says she can't see any reason I'd be denied and that she thinks I am the perfect candidate for this, so I'm feeling positive.

45 working days is so long!! But hey, nothing to do but wait, I suppose!

4. 45 working days is a long time, but compared to the 40 YEARS I've been allergic to all RX's for my illnesses, the Medical Cannabis program gave me hope, for the first time in years.
    I had the same questions you have and I discovered one thing I could do to help me while I waited.....I watched my checking account. Once they cashed my check, I knew someone had their hands on my application and that I must have been approved! At that point, I think it was another 10 days before I received my card. Watch your checking account! :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. I am in the Springfield area and looking for recommendations on MMJ doctors. I am a caregiver to my husband who has a qualifying condition, but he has been seeing a doctor in St. Louis, MO. Any other resources on finding recommendations would be helpful as well. FYI: we have been advocates of legal marijuana for many years. Thank you.