Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any medical card holders

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by FUMANCU, Oct 31, 2008.

1. #1 FUMANCU, Oct 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2008
    So it looks like prop 1 is gonna pass in michigan tuesday.(Polls show 58 to 38 percent for it)How long does it take the goverment to get stuff together.I have hepc and qualify and sure my DR would agree.So how long do you think it will take to get a card.

2. How long? Who knows. I don't recall the timeline, but it was several years before we had a the system in California that we have now. At least that's my recollection. I didn't start to see dispensaries until about 2000 or so, and we passed our law in 1996 and had to jump through a bunch of legal hoops before people could begin to go get meds in a club or dispensary.

3. Not worried about getting meds only card.

4. Hard to say really, I'm not familiar with the local governments in Michigan. You might want to check out the ASA chapter in your area, they should be able to give you more info.

5. Most legislation is written with an immediate effective date once the measure is passed. It might take a while for them to get the card system in place, but the law should protect immediately you once you have your Dr.'s rec.