Any Legit Rastafarians?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Thejourney318, Jan 21, 2014.

1. I see people over and over basically mock the idea of white rastafarians. It seems to be widely held that it is essentially an exclusively black religion. Is there literal racial distinctions in the core teachings of rastafarians, say in their scripture or at least in the words of some sort of universally recognized teacher? The idea of it being a racist religion, which it would be if it really has some idea of blacks being superior and whites being unable to be a part of the religion, seems totally counter-intuitive to what I have seen of it.

It seems to me that this is mostly due to the fact that historically it has been so intertwined with the idea of black Jamaican culture. This combined with the idea of Babylon, being seen as the oppressive authority that has existed for centuries, which has largely been perpetuated by whites. I remember Bob Marley talking about Rastafarianism, Rastafari, whatever. He said that the idea that there could be distinctions between the races was completely incompatible. Not in those words at all. For whatever that's worth, lol.

Anyways, I guess I was just wondering if there were any legitimate Rastafarians, who actually know and are studied up on it, who could shed some light. I don't know much about the specifics of the religion, but it has always seemed to have a very positive, peaceful 'vibe.'

2. All I know from my adventures in Jamaica is that, Jah bless and everyting irie maan :smoke:

3. Elect of every nation. One God for us all.

Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafari