Any jeepers out there?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by .carbon, May 10, 2011.

1. Mmm forced induction...can't wait to see your next youtube video after the rebuild. 

2. Believe me, there will be videos. To be honest, I'm not really sure where I find the time, between working full time, growing, and having all sorts of projects...First I have to finish getting the buddies mazda b2200 with a vortec 350 outta the shop. Then the willys will be getting tore down. I'm so excited to take it out this spring and summer. I can't wait.

3. #843 mosesnumb, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2014
    [quote name="mosesnumb" post="19275947" timestamp="1388792174"]Believe me, there will be videos. To be honest, I'm not really sure where I find the time, between working full time, growing, and having all sorts of projects...First I have to finish getting the buddies mazda b2200 with a vortec 350 outta the shop. Then the willys will be getting tore down. I'm so excited to take it out this spring and summer. I can't wait.[/quote]The goal with the willys is to get as close to 450-500 horse as I can NA. Then I'll worry about boost and the go go gas. I doubt I'll ever put the spray to it, damn thing only weighs 2800lbs with a full tank and 2 people in it.Edit: didn't mean to double post.

4. Where do you wheel? Thinking I might go out to King of The Hammers

5. We wheel usually Tuttle Creek or Moab so far. I wheel in yj.The willys is a slammed 59 truck that's a street rod.

6. #846 futuremod, Jan 4, 2014
    We need to meet up at Tuttle one weekend. 

7. I am a long way from Ks toto! Lol I'm out in Cali lots of great wheeling out here. Love the old Willy's jeep. If you ever find yourself out in my neck of the woods let me know. The Rubicon trail is in Cali along with a plethora of different places to go. Next month is the King of the hammers. It's a bomb race accross the desert then rock crawl up impossible passes. Most of the vehicles are destroyed before they can finish. Check it out its fricken knarly.

2013 Griffin King of The Hammers Presented by Nitto Tire - YouTube
    www.youtube.com/watch?v...

8. Oh I've seen KOTH before. We're planning on going out to CO and doing some crazy mountain passes sometime soon. First we need to break all the weak parts closer to home though. :)

9. ^^the one downside on project cars, gotta give em a beating before venturing too far away. Gotta stay within your AAA's free tow range

10. Wish my Jeep was 4x4. Driving a 2wd grand cherokee sucks. Can't wait to get another Wrangler.

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.

11. #851 mrsilly, Jan 4, 2014
    Triple aaa premium, there is a 200 mi tow range. Now getting the Jeep to the trail head after you broke an axle, to get towed, that's another matter .....lol

12. A was wheeling a few weeks back and right before I left to head back I decided to try the rock garden. Drivers front wheel was in a bind and the u-joint exploded taking the inner and outer shaft with it. It was an interested 80mi drive back...

13. Have a decent amount of work ahead of me. ZJ needs front hubs, CVs, rear bearings, axels, axle seals, and anything else i find along the way. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app