Any jeepers out there?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by .carbon, May 10, 2011.

1. #781 Area 11, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2013
    Noob question. What is the reason why people want a 3.73 ratio on a rear axle on a ZJ. I got my build sheet and my 98 ZJ has that ratio.I also have a factory lift of 1 inch but my Jeep didnt get the Upcountry package. Thats how my 31s dont rub even at full flex.Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. im thinkin abot buying a jeep.. why do you guys like em and which is the best model?

To go where a lot of vehicles can't and be mobbing like a bad ass while doing so. I would love a four door wrangler but cherokees are legit as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Its carbureted so there's a throttle plate,it does blow off when I snap the throttle shut so its obviously working .

I'm leaving it for now just because I love the noise.

5. ok that makes sense. I have a tdi and i know that people are always asking about bovs but because of the lack of a throttle plate it doesnt really work. That thing seems sweet though. Whats the mpg like on that and hows it feel drivin around, is it a dog or pretty ok.

6. Why no love for the Grands? They're awesome too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #787 TCUB, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
    It is fun as hell! And I'm getting mid 30's mpg.

Its slow out of first gear ,but I'm guessing that's because stock gears on 35's .Its heaps faster than the xj thats for sure.It's got such a nice torque curve,and the turbo spooling up gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside .

It's got no power steering ,but its not bad at all .I'll make a thread about It and get a running video of it real soon.

8. Ive got a 2000 WJ 4.0L 2wd. Jeep i had before the WJ was a 94YJ 3in boby lift 33in tires, and a chevy 350. Had to trade it for something more baby friendly

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Made a couple problem-free 1500 km trips in my Jeep recently :)

10. Anyone headed to tuttle creek for labor day weekend?

11. Poor jeep thread. Where dids every one go?

12. Muddin

13. I wanna go muddin but my wj is only 2wd. Need to find a project jeep to work on for a toy. Miss my YJ.

14. A 2wd jeep is like thc free marijuana.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I agree. Only reason im in a 2wd is because it was a really good trade and has low miles for the year it is and needed something baby friendly. Im a Jeeper for life.

16. #796 weedandtubes, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
    How did I not think to post this in the Jeepers thread? :eek: lol Got this last week, haven't had a chance to hit any sand (all that's in the immediate area)

Edit: Just went through here and noticed that the pics weren't up anymore. I'll try to figure it out later.

17. Hellllllloooooo kansas.

18. Doesn't do any justice to Tuttle creek.

Attached Files:

19. Heeeeeellllloooooo. Is everyone working on their jeeps or what???

20. I gotta put some new brakes and rotors on my 2000 WJ. Got a shake when braking sometimes and a squeeking noise. Sounds like it may need new ball joints also. Ordered brakes and rotors today.

Also got a taillight out... changed both bulbs and the fuse and it still doesnt work but the turn signal does.

Gotta clean the contacts for the bulds and see if that works. If not, gonna have to order a new driverside taillight.

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.