Any jeepers out there?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by .carbon, May 10, 2011.

1. ^Badass Jeep man

2. No rice for me, might check ebay for a cb then, thanks man :wave:

3. thanks! thats when I took out the interior to bed line it. havent taken any pics of it since :rolleyes:

tomorrow Ill finally be able to fix it too and start driving it again. Ive been missing it :(

4. I pulled my interior carpet, going to bed line it as well! What size lift are you running?

5. 3" suspension and 1.25" body lift so I wouldnt have to do a slip yoke eliminator and drive shaft. Its a cheap way of getting around it but it works haha.

also have 35" KM2s, front and rear lockers, 30 spline chromo axle shafts, 4.11 gears, TnT phantom fenders, TnT extended wheel well corner guards, LoD 44" front bumper, Warn D-rings, custom 1/2" rocker guards, airaid intake, flowmaster muffler, magnaflow high flow cat and probably other stuff i cant think of at the moment. :wave:

6. #66 blackzinger, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
    [quote name='"mosesnumb"']87 YJ HERE. Hand built by me -> 4.7L I6 stroker with no money spared. I must have 5k into the motor alone. Currently swapping Dana 60s in the front and rear and a dana 300 t case. If you've ever wanted to spank down punks in their sports cars with a jeep... boy i could tell you some stories.[/quote]

Don't u love that. I can pull up to bout any ricer and smoke em off the line.. Till about 2nd gear. Maybes third. Lol. But when they pass me it's always w the same surprised look on their face.

Beats my inline 6 BMW off the line too. :(. Lol.

7. I got the factory 3spd auto that came with the 4.2 still and man you better be straight when it shifts to 2nd cause it gets sideways in a hurry! I've spanked some mustangs and camaros a few times and they're just like WTF!?!? a jeep!?!?

8. I just saw on the news today that jeeps were rated one of the most unreliable and had to fix the most.

Sad because i was gonna buy a wrangler my neighbor has. Should i believe consumer reports?

9. Nah that stuffs bullshit Jeeps are plenty reliable, maybe not the most but they hold their value way better than any car anyway cuz people are always gonna want em.

10. Vespathug is right... they hold there value quite well, and everything needs maintenance, but the I6 is one of the most bulletproof motors made... my 4.2 had about 250k on it before it threw a rod through the block after an entire summer of trying to blow it up... and holding it to the floor for many hours is what it took to do that!

11. it is indeed bullshit. Ive had my jeep since it was new in 99 and it took ten years (2009) before I had to fix anything and that was just replacing the radiator. ~100 bucks. never had any other problems other than things I my self have broken while off road.

Just got mine all fixed up today actually. Nice to be able to drive it again

[​IMG]

also if any of you havent, sign up over on jeepforum. its free and awesome

12. Thnx for the responses guys

13. Holler

I have a 2005 LJ, I got it three years ago with 38K on it and as of today it has 102K. Been super reliable but I unfortunately have come to terms with the fact that I should sell it.

It gets 14-15mpg right now (auto, mud tires) and I drive it 60-75 miles a DAY. Do the math. Fuck

14. Very nice setup Cosmic. Im running 33's with a 3in body lift. Any ideas where a performance intake can be found for the 4.2? Im going to do the nutter bypass and get a good carb. I just ordered a motorcraft 2150 but found out it has to large of a venturi size, someone said it will give me to much cfm. Need to either get the smaller motorcraft carb or a weber 32/36.

15. I dont know anything specific off the top of my head but I would think summit racing or jegs or amazon would have something. Id stay away from K&N though. Lets in a lot of dust. Ive never had an issue with my Airaid though.

ever think of doing a fuel injection kit? its really not that hard or that expensive

16. Thanks for the suggestions. Thought about fuel injection, to tell you the truth I like carbs, but FI does have its benefits. Id first like to get some locking doors, however windows that unzip from the outside isnt exactly theft protection haha. I guess I dont really need locking doors, the Jeep is never out of my sight. :D

17. #78 Hydroriffic, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2012
    fully caged 90 xj that isnt running atm :( was driving it in lake, needs a fuel pump.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. [quote name='"superdupertoke"']

Very nice setup Cosmic. Im running 33's with a 3in body lift. Any ideas where a performance intake can be found for the 4.2? Im going to do the nutter bypass and get a good carb. I just ordered a motorcraft 2150 but found out it has to large of a venturi size, someone said it will give me to much cfm. Need to either get the smaller motorcraft carb or a weber 32/36.[/quote]

Clifford performance. The guy that works there is kind of a pain in the ass to work with, but anything you can imagine for the 4.0/4.2 is out there. If you want to go FI. Id do a 4.0 head swap outta a junk yard. Pull the head and intake all together and run an aftermarket 4.0 exhaust. Yank the harness and all and you could have plenty of ponies for a few bucks. On the weber carb, i run the 38/38 and throttle response is awesome, carb will run on steep enough angles to leak gas out the fill cap, but the weber requires a low pressure regulator because they aren't designed to run over 4 psi fuel pressure. I personally run 3.5 to mine. Any questions you can have motor wise, ive been there and done that.

19. If the pic shows up (my first upload) its my motor when it was almost fully assembled.

Attached Files: