Any interested in Taoism?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by BuddhistStoner, Jun 14, 2011.

1. I have been finding myself toking up and reading the Tao Te Ching and other Taoist works lately. Anyone else currently studying any Taoist works?

2. ;) I study how the Tao works regularly ;)

I pay attention the best I can :D

But seriously, If you are interested in having a more solitary topic of conversation on religion in general Religious Education Forum - Discuss, Compare and Debate Religions in Our Online Community has a specific forum for each, best as they can, Path through this life, as well as different types of debate sections. If nothing else it's good tool for searching as there are lots of comments and reviews on texts/translations etc..

Best wishes,
    DFG

3. Taosim is the yin and Confucianism is the yang; the two beliefs compliment each other and go hand in hand.

4. There's a Tao saying I like. "To have running water one must let it fall from his hands."

But I like how you really like Mao Zedong, the guy who killed the most people in the world. That seems very Tao to me as well.

5. Been reading the tao te ching on and off for a while, it's pretty insightful.

6. can't tell if serious :confused:

7. [​IMG]

8. my 'confusion' was a little tongue in cheek as well... as it was more of a 'did I just read that right?' or 'dear god I hope this isn't what people believe about taoism!!!'